Stirling Soap Orange Chill

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by bscarpenter, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm getting the Lemon Chill AS next summer.

Redfisher and ohbrian like this.
  2. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

Me too! ;-)

Redfisher, Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  3. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I haven't tried the splash, but have the soap and it also pairs well with Lucky Tiger splash.

Robyflexx likes this.
  4. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I still haven't found Lucky Tiger on a shelf so I can smell it I'll have to search for a local retailer...

Robyflexx likes this.
  5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Just placed an order for Orange Chill. My 1st Stirling order in a few years.

6. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I
    I'm just about done with my OC sample and find this soap/scent a keeper. Just enough menthol kick and of course the orange smell - great.

7. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Stirling is just a GREAT company. Their price point and high quality are both incredibly good. I have tried about 50% of their soaps, and they are all phenomenal.

I recommend buying tubs of what has been a proven soap, and always get a couple samples...you will surely find other fantastic soaps as well.

They always throw in free samples as well, which has netted me even more "winners" from their line up. I am at the point where I could easily use all Stirling products (razor, brush, soap, aftershave) and be very happy. In fact, if I had no other items than Stirling products, I would still get great shaves and be very happy.

Redfisher, Paul Turner and preidy like this.
  8. Paul Turner

I agree overall about your Stirling comments, but how are you with their bath soaps?

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  9. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

@Paul Turner , the bath soaps are terrific. I have tried the fewest amount of them compared to their other items, but I have several that I love. I have used approximately 12...all were very good, had super strong scents and clean well. I know it sounds strange to say "clean well," but they do. Most soaps really aren't soaps...they are artificial deodorizers and/or detergents. Google this...it is mind-blowing!

My favorites are the black cherry, margaritas in the artic, and piacenza.

10. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Having had a number of solid morning shaves using this Orange Chill, I can honestly state that I'm a fan of this soap.
    Easy-to-make dense, thick & slick lather that lasts!
    I stopped using Stirling soaps some time ago, having been disappointed with the lather from the 4 or 5 pucks (older formulation, perhaps?) I've owned & given away. I enjoyed the menthol kick that Stirling provided, but the fading lather always disappointed.
    This Orange Chill has certainly changed my perspective as the lather has been great. I love the clean orange scent—refreshing!

[​IMG]

PickledNorthern, Jim99, wmbjr and 2 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

I'm working on the first of 2 Barbershops I ordered. I think I'll use the Barbershop when I resume with Clubman(which should be soon), as they are both barbershop scents. I will google the soap story, and I was quite impressed with @Salty Belle 's explanation of artisan soaps in her previous post.

Salty Belle, Jim99 and Redfisher like this.
  12. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I don't have the Orange but the glacial Lemon Chill is the shizz.. Lemon oh yeah and the splash is awesome too!

13. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

:signs011:

14. wmbjr

wmbjr Duck, duck, cooked goose!

I am a huge fan of Stirling and especially their menthol. The Orange Chill is a great soap with a great smell. Does not appear to be quite in the Glacial soaps menthol league but still a good menthol dose. If you are a fan of black licorice or black jelly beans, I can most definitely recommend the Glacial Obsidian. It is like the Glacial Lemon . . . COLD!

15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Same here. I love the Glacial Lemon Chill and the amount of menthol is just right for me. It's like rubbing a lemon Italian ice on your face!

16. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

I have to be careful with the splash. I slapped a palm full on my face and when I was done, my eyes were watering. My wife asked why I used an aftershave that made me cry.

Paul Turner, wmbjr, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  17. som

som Well-Known Member

I just got a full-size refill of Orange Chill yesterday. It is my daily go-to soap, and the only one (other than samples) that I have used up. I love the scent (it *really* smells like an orange, I want to eat it!) and the fact that it doesn't linger is fine, I get my lingering scent from my aftershave. The quality of the lather is great. I have used this soap more than any other in my (relatively) short wet shaving career.

All of my aftershave splashes and balms are from Stirling as well (with the exception of Florida Water). I keep telling myself I gotta try some other brands, but when it's time to order something I keep going back to the tried and true!

CliffDweller likes this.
  18. Paul Turner

I'll probably get most of mine from Stirling, too, but a couple of the Maggard's interest me.

19. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

I've had Orange Chill for about 6 weeks now. I'm currently using a cream every day to finish the tub all up, but Orange Chill has been in my heavy rotation and I really love it. The scent is awesome and refreshing, the shave is great, and when I use it with Proraso Green or Floid blue AS it leaves my face feeling like a million bucks, nicely chilled out but not too much. I wasn't sure I'd love a citrus soap before I got it, but it's in my top 4 or 5 favorites.

Som -- I know what you mean by wanting to eat it. I have fought the urge more than once to give it a giant lick upon opening the tub and taking a big whiff.

som likes this.
  20. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Thank you Sir:) I tried:)

crackstar and Paul Turner like this.