What do you think of Pre De Provence No. 63 Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by SpeedyPC, Sep 3, 2016.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

G'day ;)

I'm really enjoying the Pre De Provence No. 63 Shaving Soap more than the Martin de Candre Scented as they both made in France, and I find the PdP perform better than the MdC and for some reason I find the MdC dried out my skin so much as I find the PdP doesn't which seem bloody strange.

So what do you guys think of Pre De Provence No. 63 Shaving Soap it smell fantastic for 150g soap in a tin that lathers easily. Warm, spicy fragrance with moisturizing qualities. Scent and composition formulated especially for men. Enriched with shea butter, this fragrant shave soap helps to nourish and hydrate my skin while I still love MWF & Haslinger Schafmilch Rasierseife Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF).

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  2. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Ive never tried haslinger or pre de provence. I guess i need to...?

3. Hillbilly79

Hillbilly79 Well-Known Member

Shaved with PdP 63 yesterday. I love the scent. Works just fine for shaving with a straight. It doesn't dry my skin out. I have no problems loading with a badger brush. It lathers very easily. It is a very hard soap. I've used it 20 to 30 times, and the puck barely shows any wear. The only problem I have with PdP 63 is I can't use it exclusively. After 4 or 5 days in a row, it will start to irritate my skin. RR Son of Zeus will too though.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2016
    SpeedyPC likes this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    My shins don't like to be shaved either...:happy097:

SpeedyPC and swarden43 like this.
  5. Hillbilly79

Good catch, corrected now.:D

Primotenore likes this.
  6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Primotenore likes this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Unless he tells us, we'll just have to keep wondering...:signs002:

PickledNorthern likes this.
  8. Hillbilly79

If I get down to shaving my shins, I'm having way too much fun shaving!

SpeedyPC likes this.
  9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I have this soap in my collection. I have only used it a couple times. I lathers fine and has a nice scent but for some reason it doesn't come to the top of my rotation very often. Maybe I have too many soaps.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I like it. It isn't in my top five, but made the final cut when I recently cleaned house. Quad milled soap that will probably get passed to my grandchildren for how long it lasts.

11. blain

blain New Member

Haslinger's ewe milk soap is slick, but does leave more residual film on my razor. PdP #63 is my main soap. It smells nice, performs very well and lasts a long time. I scored some pucks last year for $9 per, before drugstore com closed shop.

12. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

It smells great, makes a pretty slick stable lather, and if you figured out a cost per use, it is probably free.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  13. DBart.

DBart. Active Member

Meh, I may be in the minority, but i did not really like it. didn't like the smell nor the lather. But then I like really bold soaps.