The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I put this in the soaps sub, even though Stirling products are starting to branch out a bit. Mods please move if you think it should be somewhere else.

We have a ton of Stirling threads running all the time, but I thought maybe we should have one, dedicated thread where we can just talk all things Stirling, plus it would maybe be easier for Rod to follow us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thomas Beaton, Mike-R41, RyX and 9 others like this.
  2. PickledNorthern

Rod has been working on getting some stainless handles turned, but did you guys know he will be coming out shortly with a SS DE head also?

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Oh no!!! Now there is more stuff I have to buy!!

4. PickledNorthern

Here are a couple of the handles before polishing...

[​IMG]

5. Straight razor dandy

Those are sweet!

6. PickledNorthern

I have really moved kind of hard into SE shaving lately, but I would buy a DE head from Rod just because, well it's Rod.

7. PickledNorthern

I also don't think we have discussed it here, but there will be another badger coming out soon. This will be a 24 in 2 band fan, with a butterscotch M7 style handle.

[​IMG]

The knots he has been getting are awesome. I really like fan knots, and will be all over this one. I bought one of the 26 mm brushes, and it is absolutely a better brush than its pricetag.

8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Those are freaking awesome!

9. PickledNorthern

I know, right? Machined stainless costs what it costs, but I am really curious to see what Rod will be able to sell these for. He has always been amazing at trying to offer products to us at as low of a price as possible. He could easily charge more for some of the stuff he offers, but doesn't. That is a big part of why I am a customer for life.

10. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Rod the other stuff is nice but just don't change the soap.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    brit, Puma, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Great thread going :). I'll just chip in that I've recently been using the Barbershop Bath soap as a hand-washing soap. Saves $$$ on liquid hand soaps at the grocery store and besides those LHS are getting tough to open! It' nice having my hands smell like a Barbershop :). Of course I use the bath soap in the shower, too, when I follow a shave with Barbershop.

crackstar, DesertTime and ezlovan like this.
  12. Jorvaljr

I've yet to buy any stirling. I had a sample of it and loved it. One day I'll get my hands on some more. So far that has been the slickest soap I've tried.

cliffb599, crackstar, ezlovan and 2 others like this.
  13. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I just received a synthetic brush that was supposed to be a blem but I can't find anything wrong with it, I absolutely love the feel of it. Also got a sample of the vanilla sandlewood bath soap that smells great.

crackstar and ezlovan like this.
  14. Straight razor dandy

I have acquired a few more since this pic was taken. Pumpkin spice has been an AWESOME addition.

IMG_20161105_130905.jpg

15. Straight razor dandy

16. Paul Turner

looks like almost the whole "shootin match"(as the saying goes).

crackstar, Matt0210 and ezlovan like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

WoooooooooooooooooW:shocked003::drool:

18. Straight razor dandy

Stirling Soap, Barrister and Mann, and Catie's Bubbles are pound for pound my favorite soap companies. I have a lot of all of them. Quite a few are pictured in my "medicine cabinet" on TSD

Mike-R41, crackstar, ezlovan and 3 others like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Not much can fit in my cabinet...but that may be a problem I'd love to have!! :)

crackstar and ezlovan like this.
  20. ohbrian

ohbrian Well-Known Member

I have more Stirling than anything but a few weeks ago I ordered some Barrister and Mann, wife grabbed me some L'occitane and I feel like I'm cheating hahaha. Plus I always feel like I have to order the complete set of soap/splash/balm/bath soap.