Mongoose Owners Razor Society (MORS)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Darkbulb, Aug 19, 2015.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 6, 2016
    Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti
    Feather Super Pro (6)
    WDC-8 with Druida Manchurian
    Nuavia Rossa
    Witch Hazel

[​IMG]

The WDC/Druida whipped up the Nuavia Rossa into a rich lather very easily. The knot has the great backbone and scrub with very good flow through. I stayed with my 2 pass routine, XTG & ATG, followed by touch ups in my trouble spots. I was so close that I decided to chase the baby and get that one spot on my neck. I caught the little guy finishing with a BBS. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great picture and setup Clint. Congratulations on your BBS.

clint64 and PickledNorthern like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

4. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Druida Manchurian
    Mystic Water Babershop
    Alumigoose V-1 with Stork Aristocrat 2 Ti
    Feather Pro Super #1
    Sterling Soap Co. Barbershop

[​IMG]

5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 7, 2016
    Feather Super Pro (7)
    BSB 2 Two Band
    MdC Original
    Witch Hazel
    Fine Lavender

[​IMG]

The BSB just seems made to work with MdC. The size of the brush makes it very easy to load the soap from the container. Even better the 2 band knot provides good scrub and no scritch as I face lather. I really like this little brush. Believing in "No need to fix something that works", I stayed with my a 2 pass, XTG &ATG, shave followed by minimal touch ups. Not feeling the need to chase the baby, I ended up with a near BBS which is more than acceptable. I finished up with a splash of Fine Lavender. I hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Once again you have posted a beautiful picture of amazing tools. :happy096:
    Have a great day amigo. :happy088:

PickledNorthern and clint64 like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent photograph of good gear Amigo. I don't know much about the newer Mongoose razors, but I do know I like the B-2.

PickledNorthern and clint64 like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you. I agree Doug. I love my B-2 Mongoose and it is by far my most used razor over the past two years.

9. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Wednesday Night....

[​IMG]

-Alumigoose
    -Simpson Tulip 2 in Super
    -Henri et Victoria Cigars and Cognac
    -Stirling Curveball

Tonight was my last shave with the Alumigoose. If I want to buff around and play cleanup to get a good shave, that's what my newer injectors are for. I don't want to have to strap an eight pound maul handle to it and load it with a Feather Super to get there. It isn't even that it's too mild, it's that it is too bulky to be that mild. It is on the auction block.

The shave was good, the Cigars and Cognac soap smell fantastic, and made for some pretty slick lather too. It maybe gets a little slicker than I worked it up, but I didn't want to break it with too much water, and quit as soon as it started to get shiny.

Looking forward to my Supply getting here, if it actually ever makes it to the post office. Somehow I just know that's going to be my Grail razor, and the last one I ever buy.

Douglas Carey, Robyflexx and clint64 like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 8, 2016
    Feather Super Pro (8)
    WDC-8 with Druida Manchurian
    Nuavia Rossa
    Witch Hazel

[​IMG]

I truly enjoy using this brush. The weight of the brass handle combined with the excellent backbone and flow through of the Druida knot make this brush a lather making machine. The Rossa provided a wonderful slick base with a great scent making the shave all the more enjoyable. A 2 pass, XTG & ATG, followed by minimal touch ups ended in near BBS. I hope everyone has a great Thursday.

11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent photo Clint.

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 9, 2016
    Feather Super Pro (9)
    BSB 2 Two Band
    MdC Original
    Witch Hazel
    Fine Lavender

[​IMG]

The BSB2 brush whipped the MdC into a wonderful lather. I love the scent of the soap and appreciate that it last throughout the shave. Two passes and minimal touch ups ended with my usual near BBS. I finished the shave with a splash of Fine Lavender. Everything just worked well together and the shave was wonderful. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

14. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent combination of shaving products. :happy096:

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug

Douglas Carey and Robyflexx like this.
  16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 10, 2016
    Feather Super Pro (10)
    Simpson CH 2 Synthetic
    Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
    Witch Hazel
    Folsom & Co Capri

[​IMG]

I too was a recipient of Charlie's @wristwatchb generosity and Christmas Spirit with an truly unexpected gift of Route 66 Bay Lime Twist. The scent is a very bright take on traditional Bay. I enjoyed the lime front note and was pleased to find the scent rounded out with other citrus notes as well. Citrus scented soaps are always a favorite with me and I can tell I will truly enjoy Bay Lime Twist. Thank you again Charlie. As expected the CH2 Synthetic easily whipped the Bay Lime Twist into a wonderful slick lather. The two pass shave followed by minimal touch ups ended in a near BBS. I finished up the shave with a slash of F&C Capri. I hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday.

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

December 11, 2016
    Feather Super Pro (11)
    Simpson CH 2 Synthetic
    Route 66 Bay Lime Twist
    Witch Hazel
    Folsom & Co Shambala

[​IMG]

Another consistently excellent shave this moring. The CH2 Synthetic whipped up the Route 66 Bay Lime Twist easily with the lime citrus scent adding an enjoyable layer to the shave. Two passes and minimal touch ended in a near BBS shave. I finished off with a splash of Folsom & Co Shambala. I hope everyone has a fantastic Sunday.

18. PickledNorthern

[​IMG]

I REALLY like this razor. In my all time top two.

clint64, Robyflexx and Douglas Carey like this.
  19. JoeB

JoeB Well-Known Member

Hey fellas ,

Can I join? [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. PickledNorthern

Pull up a chair.

Douglas Carey, clint64 and Robyflexx like this.