January - Route 66 month

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Dec 23, 2016.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

My Secret Santa gifted me several samples of Route 66 shaving soap. Then a very generous anonymous TSD member sent me two full tubs of Twisted Tweed and Rum Runner. I acquired yet another sample through another member.

I have yet to try any Route 66 but have read so much on TSD about how great it is. I'm excited to find out! With all this loot I'm going to stick with Route 66 through all of January!

The scents I have:

Twisted Tweed - full tub
    Rum Runner - full tub
    Ghost Town - sample
    Perfect Storm - sample
    Bourbon Jungle - sample
    Lavender Woods - sample
    Cavendish - sample

About how many shaves does a sample provide?

The scents are great from initial nose testing. I'm excited to try these during January!

2. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

I've got at least 4.

3. PLAla

From a sample?

4. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

That's my recollection. I've gone thru about 4 or 5 samples. I smash the puck into a small tin.

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

give me a report on the Cavendish when you get to that, please.

6. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

I got 4 or 5 from my samples

7. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I have tubs of Lumberjack and Bourbon Jungle, a Cavendish sample, and will play along with you. I really like Route 66, and it is hands down my favorite current production small-batch soap, and the owner @Salty Belle (Kathleen) is a proud supporting vendor of our little forum. Check out her products online at Retro Shave Shop.

8. PLAla

Glad to have you along! I plan to start with the Cavendish sample for my first shave in 2017. @Paul Turner wants a report on that particular scent. I'm looking forward to it!

9. Marverel

Marverel Well-Known Member

Cavendish is my favorite Route 66 scent - I still have a few of the samples left that I ordered last year. Maybe I'll join you here - at least for a part of the way ;)

10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

FYI...

I used R66 every day in January 2015. It was the soap of choice for learning straights.

Douglas Carey, Salty Belle and PLAla like this.
  11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Cavendish or Sweeney Todd were my two favorites. I used up four or five samples and can tell you that this is really top notch stuff. Then it went on my Christmas list, so I have not bought a full tub yet. I am hoping there is a box under the tree??? [FINGERSCROSSED]

If it isn't, guess what is going to be my final purchase in 2016? :)

12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

The Route 66 shaving flash mob begins...

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Of the Route 66 soaps I have tried my two favorites have been Lumberjack and Frozen Margarita. After one use, I can see Bay Lime Twist being up there as well.

Perry, I will play along and use primarily Route 66 for January.

14. PLAla

Great! Another contestant! I plan to post my shaves in the normal places but will also post them here.

15. Paul Turner

I assume Ms Belle(Salty)knows about this contest.

16. Paul Turner

One of the guests here just said, in a phone call to her granddaughter, "No one takes Rte 66 anymore". Was presumably teasing.

17. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I have the "Sea and Citrus. Wonderful stuff. I'm finding the cushion and glide from it is perfect for SR shaving. I'll definitely be getting more.

18. Salty Belle

Salty Belle Well-Known Member

Now I do:) How fun ...anxious to follow this!

RyX, Douglas Carey, mrchick and 5 others like this.
  19. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

I want to play
    [​IMG]

RyX, Douglas Carey, Robyflexx and 4 others like this.
  20. PLAla

Looks good! Please join us! I'm going to start with a sample of Cavendish and then go from there. I was gifted a few more samples for a Christmas present yesterday. Some are duplicates to what I have, but some aren't. I'll have plenty to choose from.