January - Route 66 month

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Dec 23, 2016.

1. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Ok, count me in. Sounds like fun!

2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Get ready. I am not saying you haven't been using really good soap. But, Route 66 is in the top tier by any measure, and will be a joy to lather.

You're gonna love it.

3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I went through the Route 66 stash and game up with a January game plan. I am going to start the month with Route 66 Twisted Tweed and use it until its gone. My best guess is between 9-12 shaves should finish up Twisted Tweed. Then I will jump onto Route 66 Lumberjack for the remainder of the month with the plan of finishing it up as well. This might carry over into the first week of February. After Christmas, I need to thin out the soap inventory.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Douglas Carey, RyX, mrchick and 3 others like this.
  4. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Sounds great, Clint! I will use Twisted Tweed during the month also since it's one of my full tubs.

5. PLAla

Very much looking forward to it!

6. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I have been thinking of going with soap. Route 66 gets a lot of play around here. I will be watching this thread with interest.

Salty Belle, mrchick, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  7. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Always part of my rotation…
    [​IMG]

45auto, Marverel, RyX and 7 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

guess we won't see you much on SOTD for Jan-Feb, eh? (unless you have shave commentary of course)

Douglas Carey, mrchick and clint64 like this.
  9. PLAla

I'm sure Clint will post on the SOTD thread as normal.

10. Paul Turner

yes, we'd like to see how his prOHgress is. :)

Douglas Carey likes this.
  11. PLAla

?

Douglas Carey likes this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Perry is correct, I will post on the SOTD daily. I finished off one tub of Route 66 Frozen Margarita and one tub of Route 66 Perfect Storm earlier this year. My goal for January is to finish off Twisted Tweed and most of a 2nd tub, either Rum Runner or Lumberjack. I have used both of these soaps earlier this year. I will be including this with the 30 day focus on my Timeless OC razor. At least I know that I will have a great soap to work with and can concentrate on the razor.

13. Paul Turner

I was using an English accent (prOHgress=progress).

Douglas Carey, PLAla and clint64 like this.
  14. Paul Turner

ok Clint, gotcha :)..and will look forward to the posts.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

:happy088: Thanks Paul. I hope your week goes well and you have a Happy New Year.

Douglas Carey, PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  16. Paul Turner

and same for you, Clint. Maybe I'll come on here as the ball is set to drop!!

17. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Lost for words!
    :happy036:

RyX, Salty Belle, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  18. Looked at Route 66 several times but never pulled the trigger. Now I am wishing I did. I will be following along as well thanks for starting threads like this where is new guys can learn about n new to us or better products than we are currently using

19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Okay, I have a little contest for you guys. I am acquiring more glassware than I have room for. I have two large, heavy mugs that are exactly the same size. One is my prized Rapala fishing mug that has been my shaving mug for years and years, and the other is a really cool Route 66 mug. I cannot let go of my Rapala mug.

So I am going to give this mug:

[​IMG]

.......to one of you die hard Route 66 users. Here are the terms:

Whoever posts the most SOTD PHOTOS SHOWING THE SOAP, using Route 66 products wins. In the event of a tie, @Salty Belle will be given the option of choosing a favorite photo, or can ask me to choose a winner at random.

This will have to stay CONUS, I apologize if this leaves anyone out. It is not the shipping costs, it is the utterly ridiculous amount of time it takes to mail internationally from my third world post office branch.

Good luck. I am looking forward to seeing your photos.

20. PLAla

Thanks, Jared! That's awesome! What a great mug for those soaps.