WSP Rustic Soap

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by banks741938, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Yes

crackstar and Paul Turner like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have a number of WSP soaps and aftershaves, I plan on using Matterhorn sometime this weekend, I've had it for 6+ months and have yet to use. :(

crackstar likes this.
  3. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Matterhorn is my wife's favorite. I think I like Gaelic Tweed the best, but I like Matterhorn as well. I also like Mahogony (wife didn't), and Ol' Kentucky. I keep asking Lee to make an Aventus clone as well...

crackstar likes this.
  4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Matterhorn may be my next choice, but I can't ignore trying the Tobacco..choices, choices!!!

crackstar likes this.
  5. TheChariot

TheChariot New Member

I got this soap back when Lee had his intro prices, because I didn't want to spend the money to find out what DK smelled like. Eventually I ended up with both, and they smell almost exactly alike. Lee did a fantastic job on his scents and formulas.

I agree with most, these soaps (in both formulas) are great. I can produce a more voluminous lather with Formula T, but the quality of the shave I get from Rustic is equally good.

I hope Lee finds a successful way to produce an artisan cream, and maybe one day he can make a foray into triple milled. I like Lee because he's on a journey to produce better things. That's the true spirit of being an artisan and craftsman.

crackstar, Paul Turner and Dzia Dzia like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

I have a WSP tobacco, it's nice. I don't like the aftershave..

crackstar and Paul Turner like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

what's the problem....too much scent?

crackstar likes this.
  8. JohnnyTex

JohnnyTex Well-Known Member

I have the Gaelic Tweed that I bought in the Rustic fragrance set (soap, after shave and oil)...and I really enjoy the scent. It does lather very nice and the AS is excellent.

I think you guys just helped me make up my mind on what I'm going to use for this evenings shave! :happy088:

9. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

He did! An amazing scent and one of the best performing soaps in my rotation.....
    IMG_0191.JPG

He made a limited run of it back in February of about 100 tins. I believe he sold them out in less than a week. Don't know if it will ever be made again. I purchased 2 tins, just in case.....
    WSP is my favorite shave soap. Great scents, awesome performance and very reasonable prices. I keep adding to my collection. Mostly Formula T line, but I do have a couple of the Rustic line tins. Mahogany is really good, and Black Amber Vanille is soooo good....
    IMG_0190.JPG

10. RaZorBurn123

I should use some of my new unused WSP soaps soon. Oh heck, I go with Matterhorn tomorrow.

Ksblazer, crackstar and Str8on2 like this.
  11. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

You're a good man @RaZorBurn123. Enjoy the shave.

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Nice photo!

Bobcat likes this.
  13. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Nice choice. That's a nice one

14. JohnnyTex

JohnnyTex Well-Known Member

My WSP collection has grown a few since I last posted to this thread.

I now have: Gaelic Tweed, Citrus Blast, Vetiver, Black Amber Vanille and Blackbeard (Formula T).

"Black Amber Vanille" is one of my favorite soaps. It's absolutely fantastic....but everything Lee puts out is absolutely spot on. You can't go wrong with anything he has available.

15. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

I wanna try Gaelic tweed...
    Mahogany and Matterhorn are ones to consider as well. They are on point....
    Didn't really care much for the tabacco though.. had to much basil scent for me.

16. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Gaelic Tweed, Matterhorn, Ol' Kentucky, Mahogany, and Barbershop, in that order.