Women Wet Shavers

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Joe Ingal, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

The recent trend is female involvement in traditionally male only activities such as boxing, football, softball and now wet shaving. For DE female shavers there are quite a few razors designed for them or with them in mind. There are pink razors and razors with longer thinner handles to make it easier to reach the lower part of the leg when shaving. I have now read a few articles by women about using straight edge razors on the legs. Considering all the hype about SHAVING LIKE A MAN, do you have any thoughts about this? Personally, with few exceptions, I feel your born either a man or woman and there is nothing that can change that. However, your actions show what kind of man or woman you are. Are you a gentleman, violent man, conservative man, etc. Are you a lady, a (harlot), dainty or manly. If your a "lady" or a "coward", no amount of wet shaving is going to MAKE YOU A MAN.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  2. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's an issue of women trying to do things that men do, in this case. I think that women, like men, just want a irritation free shave with a razor that doesn't cost an arm and a leg (excuse the pun) if using a straight or a DE achieves that objective then so be it. I'm a big believer in "there's always a perfect tool for any job" and that's just what a straight or a DE razor is, a tool, it's not womens fault that it's more effecient.

178-bplatoon, Screwtape and Joe Ingal like this.
  3. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Where is this question going? It sounds like a rant against women using traditionally "male" shave tools such as straight razors.

If so, then I'm just going to take my Lady Eversharp Injector and my Venus with Aloe shave gel and go someplace else!

gorgo2, Billyfergie, cegadede and 6 others like this.
  4. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

. :signs047: Nobody uses Venus with Aloe shave gel any more!! Witchy Woman is the now fragrance.

RyX likes this.
  5. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Opening a can of worms?

My wife uses a DE. She shaves like a lady. I just ordered her a tub of Captain's Choice Parallel 45 as she likes the sample that just arrived. She likes her Parker with the rose/pink longer handle. Nothing manly with her leg shaving at all, in my opinion.

Sent via mobile - Chris

6. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

I totally agree!

There are a lot of great fragrances for women. Roses, florals, etc. Nothing like the scent of a woman!

whaap and lightcs1776 like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

The times they are achangin? If you haven't seen this chart, it contains important info both in it's original form, and with the added demarcations.
    gender va mental disorders.png
    While I'll not express my acceptance or denial of the opinions suggested by the chart and it's alteration, it does make a point. There's male and female, but some things do cross the line between the two. Slick soap is good for shaving. Some shavers like a long handled razor. Just because it's called a Lady Gillette doesn't stop me from getting great (facial) beard reduction! If a lady wants to use a straight razor - Respect!

gorgo2, Shaver X and lightcs1776 like this.
  8. lightcs1776

Gotta love the Blues Brothers.

I won't say anything about the chart either, because I am old fashioned and politically incorrect.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Shaver X and RyX like this.
  9. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

I totally agree with the individual who said "It's your shave, your way! If my post was confusing, I'd like to clarify here. How a person grooms themselves is their business. If it works for you, that's all that matters. My girlfriend will not use a DE because she used her fathers and had a really bad experience due to losing her concentration on what she was doing. I wanted to share my hobby with her and understandably wants no part if it. My above post to John about Witchy Woman was supposed to be a funny response to his funny response. As he misinterpreted my original post, I may have misinterpreted his. If he was serious about my post, my response would have been the same as the first sentence of this post.

Politically incorrect seems to be coming back in style. Miracles do happen.

I don't know anything about women's fragrances but two come to mind because of the name, Witchy Woman and Heavenly Scent. I'm not sure if they are from Stirling, Chisel Face or somebody else. Samples should be available if the lady in your life is interested in checking out new shaving soap fragrances. Hope she loves the new one she just got.

Shaver X, PLANofMAN, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  10. johnelectric68

johnelectric68 New Member

What's a good shave soap

Joe Ingal likes this.
  11. lightcs1776

My wife has found shave soaps to be tough, as she shaves in the shower. Otherwise, she liked my Haslinger coconut, although she would have liked a stronger scent.

Sent via mobile - Chris

Joe Ingal likes this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Before cartridge razors, women were shaving their legs and used DE's just like men who shaved, because they were readily available & worked. Now, they are regaining some popularity with women for the same reasons as they are for men; lower cost & a better shave. As for shave soap in the shower, there are a couple of tricks to keep it from washing off too soon.
    1) Use a shower bench
    2) Change the angle of your shower head, while you are shaving.

13. Joe Ingal

Joe Ingal Member

Welcome to the Shave Den. Considering this thread is about women shavers I assume your asking about women's shave soap. I mentioned two and some else posted another his wife uses. The best way to find out what's a good soap is to order some samples. Some soaps are gender specific and some are not. Find what works for you.

Welcome to the shave den Sara and it's a pleasure to have a woman's view. I want to thank you for your input and I'm sure others will benefit from it.

Sara-s likes this.
  14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend has been wet shaving for about 6 months or so and she claims she can get a closer better shave as many of us men have found. No problem with that IMO plus I would rather have a hobby I can share with her than have her complaining about my "collections" lol.

Joe Ingal and RyX like this.
  15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My wife has been using a DE razor for over two years. She like some Stirling Soaps, but uses Arko/Rose scented the most. She said she will never go back to Cartridge Razors or canned shave soaps.

Joe Ingal, RyX and RetLEO-07 like this.
  16. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I sexually identify as an attack helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is impossible and I’m mentally deficient but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “Apache” and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can’t accept me you’re a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Joe Ingal, CarlfromMO, Jim99 and 9 others like this.
  17. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I like Arko. :kar:

18. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

:happy097:

RyX and Billyfergie like this.
  19. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Hug?

gorgo2, BigMike and PLANofMAN like this.
  20. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Stinger?

RyX, Bama Samurai and PLANofMAN like this.