PAA Bakelite Slant

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jayaruh, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have planned to use my new PAA Bakelite Slant tomorrow. I have been seeing this razor for some time, and now I am going to try it myself. I have it loaded with a Personna Super blade. It doesn't look like an even alignment. I tried my best to get it straighter, but this is as good as it gets. I will report back tomorrow after the first shave.
    paa slant04.jpg

Thursday's Planned Shave

sod170112.JPG

Dove Men Face Wash
    Jeeves of Hudson Street Cranberry Pomegranate
    Jayaruh #92
    PAA Bakelite Slant
    Personna Super
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    T.N. Dickinson's WH
    Florida Water

2. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Active Member

It just looks like it isn't aligned, but it is. I have one and it is the same. Enjoy your bakelite.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

RyX and Jayaruh like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Thanks. I'm looking forward to trying it.

4. burton58

burton58 Member

The alignment on mine looks the same but it's fine. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of shave I got

RyX likes this.
  5. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

The hoffritz Slant I had looked the same way. Lol unfortunately it shaved like it looked.

Jayaruh likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    :happy097:HAHAHA! So sorry about that. We shall see.

7. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I normally use KAI, but for this razor I had to get sharper blades (Feather or Rapira PL). If Personna does not work, give the razor also a chance with sharper blades.

Jayaruh likes this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    The first shave with the PAA Bakelite Slant is history. Despite the apparent alignment issue, the razor performed very nicely with this old Personna Super blade that already had 33 two pass shaves under its belt. Yes, this was the 34th shave with this blade. I decided a while back that I was going to take it to its limit, or until I get really bored with it. I rinse it, dry it, and palm storp it after each shave. So, I don't have anything to report as to how a new blade would work in this razor. I am going to continue with the experiment of the blade. My previous "record" was 19 shaves with a Shark.

Nevertheless, I was completely satisfied with the outcome of this shave. Tomorrow, will feature the same setup.
    sod170112.JPG

RyX, Troy M, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sod170113.JPG
    Second shave with the PAA Bakelite Slant today. It is an easy shaver. This was the 35th shave with the Personna Super blade. One day I will put a new blade in it and see how it goes, but I am getting really good shaves without irritation with this blade, so I will keep using it until it fails me.

10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Slants are Undiscovered Territory to me. Good to hear it shaves well for you Jim!
    Except for propitiatory blade razors like your Enders I've sampled many vintage and a couple new ones. These have intrigued me but when I read that The Gillette Slide gives much the same effect I've resisted. One day my slant will put it's self in my path.
    I'm still curious ;)

wristwatchb likes this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    A couple of years ago I gave in and bought a 37C. It was a nice razor. It looked intimidating, but it was easy to master. I eventually piffed it. I don't really regret it because at the time I decided I could use the Gillette slide just as well. I thought about the 39C, but for me that is starting to push my range of price. This PAA Bakelite Slant gets me back a slant and a bakelite razor all together. It is not a bad price either.

RyX likes this.
  12. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

As long as the shave is good who cares. I imagine the light weight is kind of nice. I find myself liking the lighter razors. Seems I have better control.

Jayaruh likes this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    This slant is very easy to use. Loading the blade is not as easy as a regular three piece, but it is not a problem. It is light and easy to maneuver. Today was the 36th shave for the Personna Super blade.
    sod170114.JPG