Stirling Soap Orange Chill

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by bscarpenter, Jul 26, 2016.

1. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I placed an order for three more Stirling Soaps just the other day - yet to arrive. Orange Chill was one of them - looking forward to using it.

Paul Turner and Jim99 like this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

You'll love them. Stirling soaps are excellent!

crackstar, Paul Turner and Robyflexx like this.
  3. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

:signs011:

Paul Turner and Jim99 like this.
  4. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

I loved the scent of this Soap.I had a sample and the menthol effect was very nice.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

crackstar and Robyflexx like this.
  5. CliffDweller

CliffDweller Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you brother. I just had a nice long shave with this on Sunday and my face felt like a million bucks afterward.

6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Order my Orange Chill a week or so ago - still waiting for the postman.

7. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I complained yesterday that my order for Stirling soaps, which included Orange Chill, had not shown up. Well the postman must have heard me - they showed up today. Can't wait to try them all. Bought a couple new after shaves as well.
    Stirling Soaps.jpg

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

nice lineup. Maybe the Barbershop shave soap will be as "exciting" as the A.S. was(to me, anyway). Many people do like the shave soap. As for SDM, that's the sample I'm working on right now-it's nice.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Col C likes this.
  9. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I also have their Executive Man and Bay Rum - both are wonderful. As for the Barbershop - I'm not sure what the scent is. Its very pleasant, maybe some vanilla but there is more than that.

10. Matt0210

Matt0210 Well-Known Member

Stirling makes a great product, no argument there. They're probably one of the best soaps you can get with the price. They're pucks last a long time too. I just haven't found a good scent with them though. I'm going to try Stirling Gentleman and their Bay Rum as soon as I can though

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  11. Paul Turner

I found a good scent with them-and just from smiffing the sample(haven't tried it yet!). Well, two good scents, but one stands out so far. The standout-Sandpiper. The other, Stirling Gentleman.

Matt0210 likes this.
  12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ich habe nie die Orange Chill probiert. Vielleicht einen Tag!

13. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

dann müssen sie es erhalten

(I'm a bit rusty in my German)

14. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Just shaved with Orange Chill for the first time. Wow - it does have menthol. My face is frozen. Lathered great and is slick - as are all Stirling soaps. The scent is wonderful - it really does smell like a fresh peeled orange. Used a Muhle R89 with a Voskhod blades, Vie Long Horse Hair brush, and finished with a splash of Fine L'Orange Noir after shave - which pairs nicely with the citrus soap.
    Orange Chill Lather.jpg
    Orange Chill Set Up.jpg

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
    PickledNorthern and HolyRollah like this.
  15. Paul Turner

and an update-I'm expecting to get that Barbershop soap via a PIF this week.

Col C likes this.
  16. Paul Turner

at 5.8 oz, I could probably take one puck through two fall/winters, maybe three(that is., one that is meant for those seasons).

17. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I
    I would be interested in what you think of the scent. There is definitely vanilla there but I can't make out the other notes. I find it very nice.

18. Paul Turner

well, I had the Barbershop aftershave, and wasn't 100% pleased with it, so we'll see about the soap. Maybe since I'm getting it in the cold months it will come across better-I had the A.S. in the summer, which I think was the wrong time for that scent.

19. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

Can you customize or control how much menthol the soaps have in them? Really curious about the Lemon Chill but not sure if I'm into menthol or not......but definitely after a good lemon soap or another citrus soap.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  20. Paul Turner

I suppose Rod can help you on that.. I may go for the Lemon Chill this summer.