Soap Pass-around Volume II - 2017

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PLAla, Jan 8, 2017.

1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Welcome back! Glad you want to give it another try!

dustmite likes this.
  2. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Thinking about joining...... how much would the box cost to ship to the next person on the average? I think you mentioned using a flat rate priority box. Thanks!!!

RyX and PLAla like this.
  3. PLAla

It looks to be a pretty big box. The large flat rate box is about $20. Maybe a little less. I'll try to fit it all in a medium box but that's looking less likely.

RyX likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I'm in! Info PM sent.
    To reduce travel time have you considered shortest person to person route?

PLAla likes this.
  5. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

ssaaaweeettt...I am in again, love being able to test/trade some soaps and thanks @PLAla for getting this ship sailing yet again.

PLAla and RyX like this.
  6. PLAla

You are in! Got your PM and you're all set. Glad you're joining us!

RyX likes this.
  7. PLAla

Great! You're in. Send me a PM with your name, address, phone, and email. I think I have from last time but it saves me a lot of time having to not scroll back and find those old PMs. Thanks!

RyX likes this.
  8. PLAla

I go with first come, first serve as far as where the box goes. With Priority mail it shouldn't take more than 3 days to get to the next participant.

RyX likes this.
  9. PLAla

A generous and anonymous TSD member is sending me some more soaps to include in our box! This is going to be a great pass-around. Thanks to those who have signed up. I'm looking to get the box out around Thursday of this week after these new shipments have arrived. I'll post photos of what the box includes and list out all the contents.

RyX likes this.
  10. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

Please sign me up, looks like fun.

youngunn, RyX, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  11. PLAla

Great to have you along, Brad! I got your PM and have you down.

RyX likes this.
  12. banks741938

Shoot. I'll go ahead and join up. I really want to try all those artisan soaps that donated.. info incoming. And thanks for haleading this up... can't wait....

PLAla likes this.
  13. PLAla

Great to have you along! I'll get you added to the list. PM has been received.

14. PLAla

Just a quick update.....

A generous TSD member has sent me a couple of shipments of soaps to be included in the box. They should be here tomorrow. I'm going to add those in and then get it on the road to Straight razor dandy on Friday morning.

I will post pictures of all the contents tomorrow night before I seal the box up. All of the goodies look to FILL a large USPS Priority Box. It's really exciting to send all these out for you guys to try!

Please remember that there are some soaps from TSD vendors that are to stay in the box through the whole pass-around. Please sample from those and send on to the next person.

You may TAKE a non-vendor soap from the box as long as you replace with equivalent size and quality!

You may ADD to the box without taking anything if you'd like. If you have something you think someone might enjoy, and if there's room, please add it to the box!

Thank you signing up and agreeing to play along! You're going to really enjoy the quality and quantity of soaps and creams. Participants from the last pass-around will really be blown away as this started out last year in humble fashion.

Again, I'll post the final contents tomorrow night. Have a good evening!

dustmite likes this.
  15. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Can hardly wait!

PLAla likes this.
  16. banks741938

Quick question.. would be beat for us to scoop a sample out to lather in a bowl or is it okay to load straight on the soap in the tub?

PLAla likes this.
  17. PLAla

It's probably better to scoop out a little and lather it that way. If you lather on the puck then wash off the leftovers and scrape off the top few millimeters of soap before sending it on the next person. You could scrape it with a blade.

18. banks741938

Thanks I had planned on using a spoon to scoop some out anyway.
    It will be a good excuse to work on my bowl lathering..

I can't wait to till it gets to me...

PLAla likes this.
  19. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Yes, please use a spoon. It is far more sanitary.

PLAla, IDuck and Bama Samurai like this.
  20. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

This

PLAla likes this.