The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

What I would do to see a Canadian vendor bring in Rod's alcohol-based aftershaves. There was one, but that company is now closed. At least I can buy his awesome witch hazels. :)

2. Rib

Rib Well-Known Member

In your experience what is the typical shipping time for Stirling Soaps?

Robyflexx likes this.
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

3 or 4 days coming to PA.

PickledNorthern and Robyflexx like this.
  4. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Its always 2 days to Texas for me

5. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

About the same to MN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustmite likes this.
  6. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I received 3 Stirling soaps yesterday. It took 9 days to Washington State. But it was not straight from Stirling but another vendor and included other none soap items that may have taken time to fill.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    crackstar likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Has anyone used a cologne-fragrance aftershave after shaving with Barbershop soap?Just trying to get some mixing/matching ideas here.

8. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I plan on using Stirling Barbershop for the first time tomorrow. Afterwards I'll throw some cologne on and see what happens. Since its a brand new soap I am also going to weigh it and then keep track to see how fast it gets used up. Maybe weigh it again after 10 uses. It seems to be the same consistency as other Stirling soaps that I have. I'm still wrestling with just what is the scent of Stirling Barbershop? My wife and I agree that there are vanilla notes but can't agree on what other background fragrances are in it.

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm hoping that the Barbershop would work with specifically Sandpiper and Stirling Gentleman(I have those as aftershave samples.). I'm quite interested in those, with Sandpiper edging out Gentleman by a little bit.

10. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

I don't have either of those after shaves.

11. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I haven't refilled my Barbershop in a while. Just too many other soaps. But I remember Stirling Barbershop and Clubman Aftershave being one of my favorite combos.

Paul Turner and crackstar like this.
  12. PickledNorthern

With the exception of a couple I have tried, most Stirling soaps rinse off pretty darn clean. I can't imagine Barbershop conflicting with most colognes. To me it would just be more of an overall experience thing; scent of the shave, the room, the finish.

@PLAla has probably used it more than I have. I think he did a focus with it a month or so ago.

PLAla, Paul Turner, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  13. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

:signs011:

PickledNorthern likes this.
  14. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Jared, would you believe that it was myself who suggested the Glacial Lavender soap a couple of years ago? The thing is, it turned out to be a poor seller so it shows my suggestions ain't worth a hoot! lollllllll

PickledNorthern likes this.
  15. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

It takes 3-4 days from the time I place the order to the time it arrives here in San Diego. I'm not sure, but I believe Rod's flat rate shipping is two days.

16. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Your suggestions have always worked for me.

Robyflexx likes this.
  17. PickledNorthern

I never tried that one. I have only recently become enamored with the scent of lavender.

Robyflexx likes this.
  18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

I used Barbershop the whole month of October 2016. I enjoyed it. I found the aftershave to be a bit more powdery than the soap. I agree with @PickledNorthern that the soaps rinse clean.

Robyflexx likes this.
  19. Col C

Col C Well-Known Member

Not to cause alarm but - lavender oils used in lotions and soaps have been linked, in some studies, to cause growth of breast in men. No kidding.

MObigfoot and Robyflexx like this.
  20. PickledNorthern

Now you tell me!

Robyflexx likes this.