Best injector

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ob1page, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

I've come to the conclusion that I get my best shaves from injectors. My current rotation includes a PAL InjectoMatic, PAL Adjustable and a Schick E3. I'm looking to purchase another injector and I'm wondering what everyone else uses. I was looking at the Supply Provision razor but they are currently sold out of the set. Any other suggestions?

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The Bunny is a great injector. Your injector experience won't be complete without it, imho. But, it's not yet publicly available. I bet if you beg Tom (@twhite) nicely, he'll let you try it out.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Billyfergie, Herm2502, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  3. richgem

In case it's of use... the earlier injectors are more aggressive than the later ones.

4. ob1page

I've already had the pleasure, it is the razor that started my SE journey. It will have top priority once Tom releases it.

5. richgem

Oh, good. Then you know what I'm talking about.

6. ob1page

Once it's released I can picture a nice layer of dust forming on all my other razors.

Billyfergie, Karl G, twhite and 3 others like this.
  7. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I have a three razor rotation when it comes to injectors: Supply, Schick E2, PAL Injectomatic. All three of these are fantastic.

What are you looking for out of the shave? To me a G is just a mild E with a bunch of cool handles. I still have a few of them, even though they don't get much use. You could try a little newer model that will take Twin blades just for a hoot. I always got good shaves from my I (My son has it now). I have an L that gives fantastic shaves with a Twin. The fun part of injectors is that they are cheap to hunt down, so a guy can try just about all of them without breaking the bank.

Billyfergie, MPF9, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  8. ob1page

I like my E3 but prefer the weight of the PAL adjustable. I lean towards aggressive razors. I did try the Schick adjustable in a pass around; with a Chinese Schick blade it was ok but considerably improved with a twin. Maybe with more time I could have seen a difference but all my injectors shaved equal or better than it with the twin. I'm leaning heavily towards the Supply

Billyfergie, MPF9, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  9. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

I was rather disappointed in the PAL adjustable (maybe I just need more time with it, though). The Schick adjustable with a twin blade was superb. The G type with a new Chick blade is sweet, too. They weigh almost nothing, and it's mild without being too mild (sensitive skin that I have). The PAL Injectomatic was just OK, but YMMV.

Billyfergie, Karl G, twhite and 2 others like this.
  10. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Reviews on this thread seem mixed about its efficiency. Obviously it is a YMMV thing and personal technique, because I get closer shaves from the Supply than any of the others, bar none. As in not even close. Reminds me more of using a SS Mongoose than an injector. It is, beyond a shadow of a doubt, my favorite safety razor I have ever used.

They are also in the process of designing a fourth, more aggressive plate. Where this sits long term, or if it ever hits market is still up in the air. But also, a guy can load a nipped off Feather blade in it to use something a little sharper.

Billyfergie, Karl G, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  11. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I have a PAL Injectomatic and PAL Adjustable and like them both. I gave up on Schick E's and G's a long time ago after not being able to get good results.

Schicks I prefer include J's, L's, and M's (Adjustable's). I especially like the L3 SchickGrip handle.

The Schick Adjustable is the only adjustable razor I own (FatBoy, Slim, PAL, Schick) that I can't run wide open (I'm still working on my Parker). I use my FatBoys and my Slims on "9" and my PAL with the guard all the way down. The Schick on the other hand stays just past "6".

Billyfergie, Herm2502, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I love injector razors and I have a Schick E, G and an adjustable in the rotation. I also have the PAL injectomatic and an adjustable in the rotation too! These razors give fantastic shaves! Of course, YMMV.

I'm pretty well set on injectors now, but am impatiently waiting for the bunny! You hear the @twhite ?

Billyfergie, Karl G, RyX and 4 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I had a Pal adjustable, but I did not like its design. I traded it for a Gillette Blue Tip.
    I love the Pal Injectomatic though. After Fatboy February, I am revisiting my SE razors.

14. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I have a Schick E2 and J3 (hydromagic lever) and the Supply Provision SE in my regular rotation when I am not doing some sort of Focus month. I also have a bunch of others that I use now and then - a couple of Schick Cs, a half dozen Es, a handful of Gs, and an M (adjustable), plus a couple PAL adjustables. I can get almost any of them to give me a decent shave. (The exception is the PAL adjustable, which I simply cannot get to work for me.) However, my favourite of the vintage ones is the Schick E2, and my favourite of them all is the Supply Provision Single Edge.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
  15. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Top injectors for me:
    • Schick H type - aka The Hussy
    • PAL Injecto-Matic
    • Schick Repeating Razor C3
    • Personna Floating Head with a twin blade
    • PAL Adjustable
    The C3 always amazes me since I didn't care for it with my first couple of shaves. Now it's a toss-up with the first two listed as being my favorite. :happy036:

For sheer looks I have to give it to the F (which is a nice shaver in it's own rights.) :happy088:

lloydrm, Billyfergie, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  16. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

If you like aggressive the E2 is particularly aggressive IMO.

HERM

17. ob1page

I forgot that I had the Hussy. I've been on the lookout for a C3 but prices are a little high for my liking.

PickledNorthern, Karl G and Herm2502 like this.
  18. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

The Hussey is really a sweetheart, but she likes her "bad girl" rep.

HERM

19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Current favourites for me are the Repeating Razors, and. the I1 with twin blades. Not a fan of the G at all. The E2 gives a great aggressive shave if that's what you like.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Hodge, Billyfergie, Herm2502 and 3 others like this.
  20. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

...the I1 with twin blades.

A really nice combo. :happy088: