What's your "go to" DE blade?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by grampi, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

Astra Superior Stainless is my go to blade. They are better than Astra SP in my opinion !!!

Demidog and Carbide Mike like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My legs & my husband's face love Feather blades.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  3. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I like the blades from Russia that I've tried. With Perma Sharp at the top.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Demidog and Carbide Mike like this.
  4. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Astra SP is my workhorse. Sharp, smooth, and cheap. Works well in every DE I have, and I have quite a few. From Lady Gillette to R41, and everything in between, the Astras just work.

5. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Astra SP for me too

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Carbide Mike likes this.
  6. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

Nice Bokhara. Russians have never let me down with Polsilver/ Super Iridiums my favorites with the exception of the brown and gold Wizamets. I have a small stash and when I hit 3 months and enough posts out they go.

Carbide Mike and Linuxguile like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I like what I've read about the PS...and thanks to some generous PIFers, I have a couple sets.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  8. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I had trouble deciding between Ladas and Voskhod but I ultimately went with the latter. It's a smooth, comfortable, no-nonsense blade for me.

I'm still eyeing those Ladas blades but I have to remember something about a "budget."

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Currently Astra Platinums in my Edwin Jagger razor. Could change when I try a different razor.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  10. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Getting a lovely shave from a Bic loaded into a Super Speed Flairtip.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  11. Paul6506

Paul6506 Well-Known Member

Astra SP

Carbide Mike likes this.
  12. Red Personna's for me in my Merkur 23C razor. No razor burn, no irritation, very few weepers. Contrast with the Feather blades, which I had weepers most every shave, even being as gentle as possible.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  13. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Most days-Astra SP. Feather if its been a few days.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  14. 1976MGB

1976MGB Active Member

Gillette 7 o'clock yellow. Even when I first started going through my blade sampler, they really stuck out. Now I have a hard time trying new blades, and usually wish I hadn't.

However,I'm less particular in certain razors. Pretty much all of them work well in my Superspeed, and adjustable.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  15. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I've used IP and Derby for years. Recently, I found Derby works best with my Parker Variant, providing excellent, irritation free shaves. I'll stick to Derby now.

16. Nate.H01

Nate.H01 Member

Astra SP
    GSB

17. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

well its a three way tie.

gillette nacet
    polsilver
    vokshod

18. ninjack

ninjack Well-Known Member

Astra SP's have been my go to blade for the past 3 years, they seem to give me the best overall shave. I had good luck with Bic Chrome Platinum also. They aren't as sharp, but seem to do better on my sensitive areas on my neck. I get less irritation from them.

MObigfoot likes this.
  19. Legend In My Spare Time

Legend In My Spare Time Well-Known Member

Easily, Astra SPs. Sharp, effective, smooth, and give me the best, consistent overall shaves from any blade I've tried yet. Plus, I can pick up a carton of a 100ct. for around $10. Can't beat that.

MObigfoot and ninjack like this.
  20. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

As a recent recruit to the Cartel, I would recommend either Voskhod, Gillette 7 o'clock Green, or Gillette Silver Blue. Long live the Rodina!

Bama Samurai and MObigfoot like this.