Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Paladin Summo
    CRSW Lavish
    Colonial Razors The General with Darwin Deluxe Ti
    Feather Pro
    CRSW Lavish Aftershave
    Brooks Brothers Classic

[​IMG]

2. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

I have to say I wish I'd tried Schick injectors a year ago, instead of wasting time and money on DE razors. My Type M is damn near perfect. Very fast, easy shaves. So much better than every DE I've used.

3. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

:signs011:
    My current dream razor is a I1 loaded with a Schick twin blade.

Rufus T., jimjo1031, danbuter and 6 others like this.
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Been using the Schick I1 all week and couldn't be more impressed. Loaded with a twin blade it has produced BBS shaves each day.
    [​IMG]

Rufus T., jimjo1031, danbuter and 8 others like this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I whole-heartedly concur, my friend.....About as close to perfection as you can get....Simplicity at it's finest!
    And I also agree, that anyone who is serious about shaving satisfaction should have at least one 1912 in their Den.

Rufus T., Jim99, Robyflexx and 4 others like this.
  6. Bird Lives

When you right, you're RIGHT!!
    When I first realized you could still get classic shaving kit, I picked up a DE because it was the most available...But I started looking for an injector razor and blades from day one. I was living somewhere, where da bay isn't really an option, but found this hang here at the Den almost immediately...Copped an injector here and it's been no looking back ever since....Although, I have discovered SE's aswell, which I also love dearly...and they are also better than any DE I know of....IMHO....YMMV....LOL!!!

Rufus T., Jim99, danbuter and 4 others like this.
  7. Bird Lives

All kidding aside, I'm sure this kit delivers a fantastic shave...
    But after those Micromatics make the scene, it will take seven dust cloths to make your other razors presentable, whenever company comes over.! :happy097::happy102:

Hodge, Jim99, Robyflexx and 3 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 16, 2017​
    Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti​
    Feather Pro Super (5)​
    Shavemac Silvertip D01​
    MdC Vetyver​
    Fine Fresh Vetiver​

[​IMG]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, sans-serif]This week is moving along very quickly. Great shaves are nearly automatic with this setup. The D01 whips up the lather while providing a wonderful scrub. I am enjoying the Vetyver scent of the MdC. A smooth irritation free two pass shave with minimal clean up followed by a splash of Fine Fresh Vetiver and I am ready for some more tax returns. I hope everyone has a great Thursday. [/FONT]

Hodge, jimjo1031, Linuxguile and 7 others like this.
  9. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Razor: PAL Adjustable
    Blade: Chick
    Brush: RazoRock Tri-color
    Soap: Crowne & Crane Tobacco Leaf and Amber
    Post Care: Thayers Witch Hazel
    Osage Rub
    Alum
    Aftershave: Fine Green Vetiver

First try of this soap and I have mixed feelings. The scent and post shave feel are both great however it wasn't very slick. The razor more drug across my face instead of gliding. Maybe I need to adjust the amount of water. The alum was silent and it's good enough to try it again. Have a great day folks!
    [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Linuxguile, MPF9 and 8 others like this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Cold water 3.gif
    SOTD February 16, 2017

Blade: Chinese Schick
    Razor: Schick M Adjustable
    Brush: Vulfix badger
    Lather: Vulfix Lavender shave cream
    Post: Witch hazel splash enhanced with Fine Lavender aftershave, Nivea sensitive balm
    WTG, touch-up

Smooth shave with the Schick adjustable. I used setting 6 today after several uses in the past on 5. I enjoyed 6 a lot. Smooth and easy results. Can't complain one bit.

Have a great day!

SOTD 2-16-17.JPG

Hodge, jimjo1031, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

And a 1914, oh, and a 1924, oh and... :happy097:

12. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Gem 1912 and TOBS Eton College is a sure fire combo.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jim99, clint64, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

You are SO right. And I've never used TOBS before, what an amazing amount of lather! Thick, rich...Just what you need.

HERM

Jim99, clint64, Robyflexx and 3 others like this.
  14. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

It's really good stuff. I have the Eton College and the Sandalwood. A little goes a LOOOONG way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

B1 (beard), O clone (head). The B is my least favorite of the Repeating Razors, a close shaver but I find its narrow angle of utility difficult to manage. The O with Twins is milder than the Adjustable similarly equipped but equally efficient, meaning some buffing required but without resulting irritation.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

TOBS Sandalwood was my first real soap or cream when I started DE shaving. So easy to make great slick lather. A beginner's dream product.

Karl G, Robyflexx and SharptoothC like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Yea, yeah...everyone should have a 1912, 1914, and a 1924! Am I right here? And a schick repeater, E2 that opens, and at least one that uses the twin injector blades...and at least one PAL Injecto-matic ....and what are we talkin bout!!!!

You didn't mention the Hussy....wait til this gets out in your shave cave :rolleyes005:
    :happy102:
    and at least one OC micromatic and one clog pruf.....

What did I leave out of the bare essentials? The minimum.....I mean....

and an F type....hmmm, and a D type....

AM I WRONG HERE???? Lets hear an amen!

And if you don't have these...then you need directions to @Karl G or @jmudrick or @Hodge
    Or one of our other rock solid SE & Schick Heads, and find out how to get into their Shave Caves....This would be a good theme for a new Shave Edition of "Indiana Jones and The Shave Cave of the Ninja in a Kilt." Indie in search of the basic Kit...playing over a sink near you! (@Billyfergie ):rofl::happy102::happy097:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Rufus T., Hodge, Herm2502 and 4 others like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 17, 2017​
    Mongoose B2 with Triad Ti​
    Feather Pro Super (6)​
    Shavemac Silvertip D01​
    MdC Vetyver​
    Myrsol Agua Balsamica​
    [​IMG]

A great shave this morning was a perfect start for the day. I enjoy MdC soaps in general but I love this Vetyver scent with its earthy, smokey, spicy notes. Two passes and some touch ups in the trouble spots provided a smooth irritation free near BBS shave. The one spot on my neck is my nemesis most days. A splash of Agua Balsamica and I am ready for the day. I hope everyone has a great Friday.

Hodge, jimjo1031, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  19. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Amen Bird!

Rufus T. and Karl G like this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Bird, my preference nowadays is to reach for one of my injectors, SEs or my SRs. My DE collection is now collecting dust!
    :shaver

Rufus T., Bird Lives and Karl G like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.