Best injector

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by ob1page, Feb 11, 2017.

1. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

After several recommendations I have a Supply Provision Custom coming
    [​IMG]

Billyfergie, Karl G, twhite and 4 others like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You will not regret it. That is a fine razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. Shave7

Shave7 Active Member

The Schick Injector L-3 "The Grip" from 1973 loaded with a Schick Twin Blade is a sweeet sweet combo, all things considered.

4. '65 G-Slim

'65 G-Slim Well-Known Member

Agree. So much so mine is stashed away in a case under the lavatory. Pity, too, since it opens for easy cleaning. Too bad Schick didn't design the G that way. The G is so much more enjoyable.

Billyfergie, Karl G and ob1page like this.
  5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Although I don't find the Hydro-Magic bit necessary, they did design the I2 that way and I find it a better shave on balance than the G.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. '65 G-Slim

The Hydro-Magic seemed harsh to me, so I gave it to my son. I need to stuff a twin in my adjustable and re-visit it again. It's pretty sweet.

7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I can't imagine an I2 as harsh. Perhaps an alignment issue or something. I've had two and both were smoother than my three Gs.

8. '65 G-Slim

I just did the adjustable with a Gillette Trac II...Ima hafta find me some more twin blades.

Billyfergie, ob1page and Karl G like this.
  9. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:signs011: A Schick Adjustable with a twin is one of the best injector shaves out there. :eatdrink047:

twhite, Billyfergie, ob1page and 3 others like this.
  10. '65 G-Slim

Well, I found some. Personna injectors, about what Chicks are going for.

11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Personna twins? I have used them and they are excellent. I haven't used the Gillettes but I have heard the Schick and Personna twins beat them hands down. Happy shaving. :happy093:

Billyfergie and ob1page like this.
  12. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Some NOS Blades will Transform Most Injectors to Get the Best from them..That Said PAL Injectors Seem to Like a Chick Blade along with the Bunny..NOS Twin Blades Defo Boost the Performance of Any Compatible Schick Injector..The NOS Personna Twins are the Best Twin Blades Out there in My Experince Followed By NOS Schick Twins..Gillette Twins are OK But Not the Best..In Fact..The Earlier Ones were Recalled Due to Issues with them..:)

For Me..The Quality of Injector Blades for a Given Injector is More Important than the Injectors Themselves..:angelic007:

Billy..:chores016:

13. danbuter

danbuter Well-Known Member

Type M is the best for me. I have it set to 4, and get great shaves with minimal effort.

14. lloydrm

lloydrm Well-Known Member

You're missing a repeater :)

15. '65 G-Slim

That's what I'd set mine on. And it worked great.

16. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

It's here :)
    [​IMG]
    I'm willing my beard to grow faster just so I can use it tonight.

17. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I've tried that! Wish it worked.

18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I must be doing something wrong, what with you guys who say the E2 is aggressive. I'm fairly sensitive to aggression (in people, ducks and razors) but the E2 is a sweetie for me.

The Pal injector? Now that's aggressive.

19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Aggression being a combination of factors which add up differently depending on blade, angle and pressure etc. I can see how folks might have different impressions. Using my bad eyeballs it looks like the PAL has greater exposure but lesser blade gap than the E2 but I could be wrong. I know for me the E2 occasionally bites where the PAL never has.

ob1page, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Fair enough! *raises glass*