The Haul: March 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Here is where you can share all of your new goodies. :shaver

ob1page likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Well, the Proraso Green A/S arrived yesterday. And according to the USPS tracking thingie, the Razorock XXX soap and Proraso Green Shaving Cream(tube) will be here by this afternoon. Still waiting for the Travel Razor which is enroute from Japan.
    Update: due to a USPS screw up, the Proraso and Razorock will be coming tomorrow.
    New Update: the Razorock XXX and Proraso Green Shaving Cream(tube) has arrived! Gonna use the XXX on Sunday.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
    Linuxguile, jimjo1031, Jim99 and 8 others like this.
  3. Billy Goatee

Billy Goatee Well-Known Member

These showed up in the mail today. 20170301_094146.jpg

Enrico, Linuxguile, Slow Joe and 24 others like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Great razors! I've been eyeballing those travel 4 piece gillettes.

5. Jorvaljr

Just got back from Daytona! What a blast. I had packages waiting for me!
    IMG_4981.jpg
    I found these knots at macmetalworks.com and the razor. The razor is cnc machined by him. The head is aluminum and the handle is brass. Head is powder coated and handle is chromed. His website states he modeled the razor from a Gillette tech.

IMG_4982.jpg
    I bought this from a member off another forum, a 2013 r41 with a bulldog handle. He threw in some blades.

Linuxguile, Slow Joe, preidy and 15 others like this.
  6. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

These just showed up, I'm glad I didn't shave today. Barrister and Mann First Snow set. I used the aftershave, it's in your face pine but quickly changes to a leathery, fresh forest scent. I'm liking it so far.
    [​IMG]

Linuxguile, Slow Joe, Hodge and 18 others like this.
  7. George X

George X Well-Known Member

I have been eyeballing a PAA DOC for quite some time and as luck (good or bad depending on point of view) would have It, I forgot my travel razor at my parents house in Florida so while waiting for my parents to ship my left items, I killed two needs with one order. In the mail today was a travel PAA DOC hardware and some sandalwood software
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was quite impressed with the PAA shipping time and packaging. The travel case is very nicely crafted.
    I took a whiff and the soap stinks good. The After Shave reminded me of something clinical. I splashed some on my hands and applied to my cheeks. It mellows nicely and ends up with a good stink. (Note-stink means scent and stinks good means it smells good)
    I will test it all out tomorrow...except maybe not the blades. I have not tried super max blades before so they may wait.

Linuxguile, preidy, Jim99 and 11 others like this.
  8. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

NOS Minora.
    2017MinoraSet.jpg

Murdock 'Hemmingway' synthetic. Is this classed as a 'Tuxedo' type? Certainly has more backbone than my Plisson.

2017MurdochBrush.jpg

Linuxguile, Slow Joe, Hodge and 17 others like this.
  9. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I don't think there any knots out there yet that emulate the Tuxedo enough that a class has been created yet. That looks very much like an Ubersoft II that Envy Shave sells.

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, Hodge, preidy and 12 others like this.
  10. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

My misunderstanding, I think. So, is the 'Tuxedo' a particular make rather than a description? if so, where do I get one in the UK?

RyX, RaZorBurn123 and PickledNorthern like this.
  11. PickledNorthern

He sells on Etsy under APShaveCo. Or you can just search Tuxedo knot. It is a specific make and model. You can tell them by the distinctive black knot with white tips.

12. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info.:happy088:

Jorvaljr likes this.
  13. Jorvaljr

You can also try macmetalworks.com he has knots that look like the tuxedo as well for 1/2 the price. I bought 2 of them. I don't know if these are the same as the tuxedo knots from the vendor on etsy.

14. Taipan

Taipan Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. The problem with buying from the USA or Canada is the postage and, mainly, the crazy amount of Excise duty we have to pay. On top of which we get stiffed for around $25 by the post-office for the privilege of having to wait for clearance. Guess I'll wait until someone closer to home starts to stock them.

mrchick and PickledNorthern like this.
  15. PickledNorthern

Cadman is putting them into brushes now, maybe he buys them in bulk and would sell the knot only.

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

0302171720.jpg

Arrived today. $12 for an extinct set as good smelling as this is a deal. Got a compliment on it the other day in the store, that was a first.

Linuxguile, Hodge, preidy and 11 others like this.
  17. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

My Gillette Fatboy 1961 G1 arrived, fantastic condition and price. I'm very happy.
    IMG_20170302_143646.jpg

18. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

IMG_0217.JPG
    I'm set for some Italian shaves!
    Going to use the XXX on Sunday morning. Really looking forward to it!

Herm2502, Linuxguile, Hodge and 15 others like this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Two synthetics and a boar from Maggard.;)
    17-3-2 knots.jpg

Herm2502, Linuxguile, Hodge and 14 others like this.
  20. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.