Cobra Razor Owners Club (CROC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Boojum1, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Congratulations, looks good to me.

clint64 and Halvor like this.
  2. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Will be sure to post my experience, also with ref to the King.

Just from looking at it and feeling it in my hand, I'm guessing heightened aggression vis-a-vis its bigger brother may owe simply to the impact of the shorter handle without, from memory only, it being significantly lighter. This one weighs ~94 grams; I'll update with the weight of the King. There may also be a difference in head geometry. The 'blade shelf' – and by implication the blade – seems to protrude more from underneath the 'overhang' than is the case with my King. I may be wrong, but as we know, margins are small; less than a millimeter difference may have an effect.

IMG_4026.JPG

Hodge, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 16, 2017​
    Cobra Classic​
    Feather Pro (5)​
    Shavemac ATG LE D01 2 Band​
    Reef Point Dragon’s Blood​
    [​IMG]

Since I was very rushed this morning, I am late posting. At any rate the shave was another automatic near BBS 2 pass shave. The more I use the Flat Top the more I am impressed. The brush matches my preferences in a badger brush very closely. I will say that I expected it to be more of a soap destroyer but so far it doesn't eat soap like the Chubby 2 synthetic. A splash of Fine Vetiver was a great end to the shave. I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thursday.

4. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Maiden shave with the CC. Who said anything about aggression? This is one smooth sailor!

[​IMG]
    Shavemac Snowman Unique knot | Italian Stallion soap blend | Cobra Classic | Schick Proline P20 blade | Mentholated Mod Cabin Backwoods Tonic | Olympic Orchid Blackbird EdT​

Having had a look at the heads of the two Cobras, there are differences, but seemingly not where I suspected. Blade protrusion is equal. The overhang, for lack of better words, is differently shaped (straight vs slightly curved) but I'm not sure if this is a functional difference or merely aesthetic. The gap left between the blade and the bar could be different, I don't have the tools to measure precisely. In use, the heads feel equal, but the feel of the shave is made different by the difference in handles. The Classic is more manoeuvrable given its smaller size, but the King feels more stable given the better grip it provides. So, to turn the saying on its head, different, but same same. I'm very happy with my most recent acquisition, that's for sure. Smooth, near BBS shave.

I should also recommend the Schick P20 blades. Smoother than the non-guarded Feathers by a long shot, but may not stretch to as many uses. They are not easily found in our neck of the woods, I think, but available from some Japanese online stores, including Rakuten.

Hodge, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 17, 2017​
    Cobra Classic​
    Feather Pro (6)​
    Shavemac ATG LE D01 2 Band​
    Reef Point Dragon’s Blood​
    [​IMG]

A wonderful 2 pass near BBS shave this morning. A splash of Floid Blue for a great start to the day. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent combination of razor and brush. Good photo also. :happy088:

Halvor and clint64 like this.
  7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great picture and setup of excellent tools Clint. Happy Friday. :happy096:

clint64 likes this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you and Happy Friday Amigo.

9. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Thanks, man :) Splendid results from the combination too!

Have a good weekend, all of you!

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Have a great weekend yourself. :happy088:

clint64 and Halvor like this.
  11. casey714

casey714 New Member

Just an FYI to all of you Cobra fans, Classic Shaving is now taking pre-orders, and will begin shipping mid-june :)

I would post links, however I am a new member and it won't let me

clint64, Halvor and Douglas Carey like this.
  12. Arun

Arun New Member

Ordered another set (Classic + King) today.

clint64, Douglas Carey and Halvor like this.
  13. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.:D

14. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Congrats. Mine came with water stains that I haven't been able to remove but like you I was happy to finally land one.

15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Cobra Classic shave scheduled for tomorrow. :D

16. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Had yours a while @Hodge? I recently noticed a water stain on my King and have been wondering how to try to remove it. I have had suggestions ranging from toothpaste to silver polish to non-abrasive auto polish.

Ever so slightly bummed by the fact that two days after I received my used Classic, purchased for what the original owner paid for it new, new ones are announced for sale for 20 dollars more... I can't justify getting another, can I? After all, the one I have shaves like a dream.

Hodge, clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  17. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent looking brush.

Hodge and clint64 like this.
  18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 18, 2017
    Cobra Classic
    Feather Pro (7)
    Shavemac ATG LE D01 2 Band
    Reef Point Dragon’s Blood

[​IMG]

19. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Your brush is stunning. It did take me awhile to get used to Dragon's Blood soap.

clint64 likes this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Doug. The Dragon's Blood is just about gone. I do enjoy using it but I am not sure I will be rushing out to replace this scent. I have other Reef Point soaps in the wings to try.