Razor Emporium REX SS Adjustable!!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 21, 2017.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Razor Emporium just announced that they are producing a brand new Stainless Steel Adjustable razor.
    It's on presale right now for $209, delivery date is August 2017!!
    IMG_20170421_044245.jpg IMG_20170421_044129.jpg IMG_20170421_043958.jpg IMG_20170421_044104.jpg
    Yes I placed an order. :)

Dansco, Keithmax, Str8on2 and 7 others like this.
  2. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

I was just looking at it on their website when Tapatalk alerted me of your post. It appears only as 'to be released in August' and priced at 249 for me! Where's the pre-order at 209?

lightcs1776 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Looks interesting. I won't spend that much on a razor, but appears to be a fine razor for those who are looking for high quality regardless of cost.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

gorgo2 and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

I received an email from RE, and it had a presale price of $209.
    I'll see about getting the link. BRB

Halvor likes this.
  5. RaZorBurn123

Sign up for RE news letter, I believe that's where you'll find the$209 price, I just checked my statement and I was charged $209. I sent RE an email asking about the pricing.
    Kerry

I agree, it's a lot of money. My 55th birthday is in August so I just bought myself a gift.

6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Interesting...but not for me.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Halvor

Halvor Well-Known Member

Thanks, Kerry!

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

We've been talking about doing an AZ Meetup. Wonder if Matt would bring one...

I bet he unveils it at The Big Shave West this weekend.

RaZorBurn123 and Jorvaljr like this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Kerry, my birthday is in September if you want to send me one! :)

10. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

He will have the one in the photo and the other prototypes

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  11. RaZorBurn123

I just watched Busta interview Matt on his YouTube channel and he showed it off.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  12. Jorvaljr

So I was able to look at the working prototype of the new Rex adjustable. The razor design is in spired by the gibbs razor. The razor has nice weight to it but it's not heavy. The adjustable knob is smooth Turning with no clicks. The numbers are 1-6 and there will be a red dot to indicate number selection. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. RaZorBurn123

Thanks for posting pictures, do you think it's a winner? Worth $209?

Fluffyskiador and Jorvaljr like this.
  14. Jorvaljr

It looks awesome. I don't know how to answer that. Since I don't really get into modern stainless steel razors. At $209 your getting a stainless steel razor that seems to me that looks and feels as if it worth it. The feeling I got, was that I could picture this on a store shelf. The other $200-$400 razors feel like they are made in small batches and I always thought they were asking waaay more than they should. This razors looks and feels refined and it was beautiful . The above the tie and wolf man types all seems like metal shop made. This is just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

I emailed them as I didn't see a dot or indicator to tell you what number you dialed in on either side of the razor and what was their warranty and they replied that the shipped version will have a dot like the Toggle, red dot and that they will stand behind their product as long as you own the razor. Didn't specify a timeline.

I'm on the list for the Rockwell version so will pass on this one.

16. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

I just might pull the trigger myself on this. Besides, with the price on the Paradigm Titanium razor in the stratosphere, it makes this one look like a budget bargain....;)

Keithmax and ninjack like this.
  17. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Razor Emporium just sent out emails confirming that the first units have been shipped. I'm on the fence about getting one or not. Hopefully I can hold out and wait for some initial reviews. But, it is very tempting as they have extended their 15% discount until October 1st. I'm on the precipice of failure. I can feel it....:angry032:

Enrico, RaZorBurn123 and jmudrick like this.
  18. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I wish I could afford it but I've got other priorities right now, not to mention I want to get a Thater or Shavemac after my income tax return next year.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

Sounds like a plan. :)

wristwatchb likes this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

I'd like to have a Thater or Shavemac, my only concern is that I enjoy using a synthetic more often. Maybe one day I will own one