A Modern Gem Style Blade SE Razor? Yes, Thank You Blackland Sabre...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

An announcement has been made on a couple other shave forums that the makers of the Blackbird DE razor, Blackland has announced that production of their new SE razor, the Blackland Sabre, modeled to accept the GEM PTFE blade has commenced. Production units should be ready within the next few weeks. Finally, a modern SE styled after a DE type razor will be available to use the GEM Blade. Good news indeed...... Looks very promising.
    A few images below of what it basically will look like:

IMG_0026.PNG IMG_0027.PNG IMG_0028.PNG IMG_0029.PNG
    The future is looking real good wetshavers. REAL GOOD!!!!:happy093::happy108::happy096:

Keithmax, PLANofMAN, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  2. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

ATT also is showing a physical sample at Big Shave West. It also looks very nice and has a grooved cap. They said it should be available on their website for purchase in a couple weeks. About 3 weeks ago, Chiseled face shown images of what looked like a new rear loading GEM razor as well. It looks like there will be multiple choices coming soon. I never tried a GEM but the new designs look interesting. I think it will come down to the pricing. I think all 3 referenced here will be Stainless if my memory serves me correct.
    Steve

Keithmax and Str8on2 like this.
  3. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Any idea of pricing?

4. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Interesting...........

5. Smooth Steve

I did not catch any pricing on the ATT or Chiseled Face, but the Blackland was to be the same as the Blackbird.
    Steve

6. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

same as the blackbird price wise

7. Str8on2

Correct, ATT has one almost ready to go. And it looks very promising.
    Pic below from Big Shave West:
    IMG_0628.JPG
    Also a prototype from PAA was there to be seen. An all aluminum one:

IMG_0629.JPG
    The future is really, really good Gents....

8. Smooth Steve

If you go the Shave Busta's Big Shave West Video at 30 minutes into the video they show the ATT razor. The Face Book Page for Chiseled Face shows their design.
    Steve

clint64, Jayaruh and George X like this.
  9. Smooth Steve

Nice catch on the PAA. I didn't know about that one. Good heads up!
    Steve

Jayaruh likes this.
  10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Can not get excited about them. But I am sure plenty will.

Jayaruh likes this.
  11. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

the paa looks really appealing

Jayaruh likes this.
  12. Str8on2

Either way, it's a good sign. The wetshaving world is growing. Demand for well made products is in the forefront. Pricing will always be an issue. Unfortunately, nothing is cheap anymore and I'm pretty sure these new potential offerings won't be bargain busters either. But, companies are throwing their hats in with new product, and that breeds competition for our hard earned dollars which can help in turn keep prices competitive. True, not everyone will be turned on to a new product or development, that's fine. The point is, as a community, we're growing as a whole. And that amigo counts for something.

BamaT, RetLEO-07, jimjo1031 and 2 others like this.
  13. Str8on2

Thanks. Pics aren't mine, their from another forum and off of twitter....:)

14. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

They weren't sure but it'll be out in a couple of weeks. They are thinking about $200

15. Jorvaljr

IMG_5205.jpg IMG_5207.jpg IMG_5206.jpg
    It will take gem blades and it has a center pin it was challenging to align and put together. But it's cool looking. Kind of heavy

16. Str8on2

The more I look at it, the more I like it. ATT can cut some serious S/S into good looking shaving tools. I got to hand it to them. That's just bad news for me and my wallet.....:sad027::signs154:

Jayaruh, Jorvaljr and Jim99 like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

P.s.

It's also technically a 4 piece razor.
    Top cap
    Bottom plate
    Center pin
    Handle.

They will probably sell the head alone as well but they weren't sure how much

18. Str8on2

Good point. Technically speaking it is a 4 pice razor. Nice pick up....:happy088:

clint64 likes this.
  19. Str8on2

Correction. It is actually a 3 piece. Reason being is the bottom plate stays attached to the handle when it is disassembled for blade removal or clean-up.... My apologies.....

Jorvaljr and jimjo1031 like this.
  20. Jorvaljr

Mmmm I'm in disagreement. The center pin comes completely off. Good luck if you lose it down the drain