Damaskeene raffle.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by wchnu, Apr 26, 2017.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Hello Friends,
    I am announcing a raffle to help support this great site we all love. Your good friends and many fellow Denizens across the street at TOST ( http://theoriginalsafety2.com) are sponsoring this raffle in order to help introduce shavers interested in trying and experiencing the pleasures of SE Shaving, and to let those that already know the pleasure of SE shaving to have a chance to grab a great part of SE history.

The rules are simple. A ticket for this raffle is $5,. Simply hit the donate button and donate $5 for each ticket you want to buy. Next post that you are in and how many tickets you purchased. We will verify the amount you donated and add you to the list. Please put the donation is for the raffle to help these old eyes pick them out. Each donation is given a number. We will use Randon.org to choose the winning number. This Raffle will close on 5-17-17.

The razor will be shipped with a tracking number provided. If the winner wishes to add insurance we will work that out with them.

So on to the good stuff.

Up for grabs is a very nice Damaskeene in it's box, There is also a blade box and one original blade.The razor and blade case and box are in good shape. If anyone wants more pictures just ask.

20170424_151158.jpg 20170424_151334 (2).jpg 20170424_151247.jpg 20170424_151223.jpg

Good luck to all.

1. Jayaruh
    2-3 PanChango
    4 Bama Samurai
    5-6 Trout Whisperer
    7. Cpool222
    8. Tiredricefarmer
    9, PLAla

Last edited: May 1, 2017
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Nice razor. What donate button are you referring to?

Bird Lives likes this.
  3. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Bama Samurai and Queen of Blades like this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks to Joanna that link is up there now.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Put me down for one. If I win, we may have another raffle since I already have a nice Damaskeene.

7. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I'm not entering...I'm involved with helping organize this...But ANYONE interested in good shaves should be interested in winning this.

I'm here today, to give my total congratulations, support and endorsement....I think it's great to see the shaving communities working selflessly together like this...With only one goal.....TO IMPROVE EVERYONE'S SHAVING EXPERIENCE!!!
    Congratulations to all concerned....This place, :git:And so does that Damaskeene!!!

Pass the word, I imagine, alot of folks would love to find this beautiful Dammy waiting for them every morning in their shave cave....GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
    Bama Samurai, PanChango and wchnu like this.
  8. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Well done. It has been years since I have used a SE razor.

Im in for 2.

Queen of Blades and Bama Samurai like this.
  9. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

In for one, please.

PanChango and Queen of Blades like this.
  10. I'm in twice. Awfully generous of you, Fuzzy!

Queen of Blades likes this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Maybe time to use one again. WOO

Awesome

I am just the front man here. It has taken the work of several people to make this happen. I am happy to donate the Dammy. Good luck my friend.

12. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Bump!

Jump in guys! $5 for a shot at a classic vintage SE, and help support TSD and traditional shaves in general!

PanChango likes this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

You said it Bama. This is a very nice set. One of the best I ever picked up. They shave great too.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  14. cpool222

cpool222 Well-Known Member

I'm in for one... donated yesterday and forgot to post here. Thanks

Queen of Blades and Bama Samurai like this.
  15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Awesome. Welcome to the show!!!

cpool222 likes this.
  16. cpool222

Thanks! I'm curious... what's our connection to the TOST website? I enjoyed looking at it, but also noticed they didn't have a BST section.

17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

No real connection,besides sharing a love for shaving, we do share alot of fellow 'Denizens'....
    TOST specializes in SE razors and injectors only....and has a huge resource library for design patents, and history of SEs and injectors....And aside from just wanting to make a collective donation to TSD by donating a few choice pieces to TSD by way of the raffle, and to help some Denizens interested in checking out the pleasures of SE shaving....That is all...there isn't an official connection...TOST is not trying to push an agenda here, or trying to promote a BST thread...

This is just a friendly interaction between folks sharing common interests.....

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Bird hit it on the head. Can not say it better.

Toward the bottom of the forum over there you will find the General Store. It may only be visable to members though. I do not remember how I set it up.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  19. cpool222

Sounds good... I was just curious if it had been set up by the same folks or something. I really enjoyed looking at it... wealth of SE info. Thanks!

Bama Samurai likes this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Thanks for looking. The original was set up by D. Irving79. After he moved on I set up the current forum with help from some great SE lovers. We are all about the SE and Injector love. No other razors talked about there.

Bama Samurai likes this.