The Haul: May 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Please share all of your new goodies here!!
    :shaver

RyX, Bama Samurai and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Just got back from B&BW redeeming a 25% coupon on a buy two and get one free deal on C..O. Bigelow Shave Cream. Total damage: $16.01. Good through tomorrow.
    cobigelow.jpg
    [​IMG]

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's a GREAT deal!!

IDuck, Linuxguile and Jayaruh like this.
  4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Now that it's May, I suppose I need to get around to posting some of the things I collected in March and April.
    I've had a busy schedule and so while I've had time to buy a few things, I just haven't had time to clean them all up and take pictures.

A lot of Lady Schicks. A friend of the wife's wanted one and so did the wife so I had to replenish my stock. Two pink K2's and one ivory K2, one ivory K1, an ivory Eversharp Hydro-magic 500, and an ivory Eversharp Schick Golden 500. The ES Golden is darker than the Hydro but I'm not sure if that's by intent or just aging.
    I've had my eye out for an ivory 500 for a long time and didn't realize there was more than one version so I was pretty pleased to stumble onto these.

003.JPG

A few more injectors. A B2 that needs a good cleaning, a user-grade StickSchick, a chrome and black L, and a user-grade golden 500.

005.JPG

A couple of user-grade Kronas, a pink Lady Gillette, a SuperSpeed, and a GEM Junior. The Kronas and the SS will be for giveaways along with a couple of the Lady Schicks and the black Golden 500.

006.JPG

The GEM Junior is very shiny on the bottom side but there's some serious gunk on the top side that will take some careful work to not remove the finish with it.

007.JPG 008.JPG

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Taipan, clint64, MR41 and 18 others like this.
  5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

And then a few more things.

A couple of travel razors. A never used Gillette and a cute little kit that looks like a book. It also looks like a Gillette but it's a knockoff from Germany. You'll also notice that what initially appears to be a full pack of blades is actually only one blade with some foam behind it. Very tricky.

009.JPG 010.JPG

011.JPG 012.JPG

And then a Woodbury shave stick holder and a Gillette blade case.

013.JPG

And for some reason, I can't stop buying these things... another travel kit in a brush. This one has very supple leather and everything is in great shape plus it came in it's original box.

014.JPG 015.JPG

And finally, an empty Currier & Ives A/S bottle, a full Cavalier A/S bottle, and a half full Old Spice Burley telescope.

016.JPG

6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Holy smokes John! Amazing finds!

RaZorBurn123, John Beeman and ob1page like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

My first birth year and quarter razor, a C4 Flair Tip. Pretty good shape, nickle plating still intact and no brassing, and still haven't cleaned or polished it. Just a good wipe with a microfiber cloth. Hopefully I will have it re-finished by my birthday.

unspecified (3).jpg

Herm2502, clint64, Hodge and 17 others like this.
  8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

John - amazing hauls! I really like those travel razor kits and the pristine cases.

RaZorBurn123, John Beeman and mrchick like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I have been using a Parker Variant loaned to me by @Str8on2 since last week. I was offered this one by @DesertTime and I took it. It arrived today and goes into service tomorrow. The top plate was marked wrong and he was able to get a new one to replace it without giving up the old, so, he very graciously offered it to me. Thanks again to both @Str8on2 and @DesertTime for their generosity.
    IMG_3680.jpg

10. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I'm loving mine, super smooth and easy to hold, and not bad on the eyes either.

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

It's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (WOO-HOOOOOOOOOO!!!)

Now I have almost enough menthol for the whole summer!!!

Here's what came for me today:

1x Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo S/S
    1x Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill S/S
    1x Stirling Glacial Spearmint S/S
    1x Stirling Glacial Wintergreen S/S
    1x Stirling Frozen Tundra S/S
    1x Stirling Glacial Unscented A/S Balm

Plus, my dear friend Rod threw in some super-nice samples:

1x Stirling Electric Sheep S/S
    1x Stirling Sharp Dressed Man S/S
    1x Stirling Glacial Spearmint Bath Soap

I'm one hell of a happy camper! :happy088: :happy005: :happy036:

clint64, Hodge, MR41 and 17 others like this.
  12. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

I shaved with it for the first time this morning! I liked it, its my first non can goo shave with a DE. I felt like I had to use a fair amount of water but Im learning technique so prob not as much as I thought. No nicks no burn, may have to stockpile a bit next time its on sale again.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited: May 2, 2017
    MR41, Jorvaljr, RyX and 4 others like this.
  13. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Love both of these scents[​IMG]

14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

It's finally here ... Synthetic Horse hair :kngt:

s-l500-3.jpg

:happy093:Wow is it soft!!! Like a kitten. Time to put together the Hardright! More to come on my post!

15. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

Is that from AP Shave? If you have the tuxedo I'm curious of the comparison

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My "Birthday Blitz" has arrived! Happy to have the Stirling items(Sandpiper A.S. w/menthol), and the synthetic "lil brudder" brush. I have to get used to the scent of the soap from Local Gent Co..(Fields&Streams). It's kind of like sour cream in there. But then I thought the Stirling Barbershop was akin to tunafish, and THAT has turned out to be great. The Fields&Streams is nice and cool which is nice. Must be "tallow" aspect(to explain the odd smells at first). Oh, I forgot, Doc Ezlovan tossed in a small Naked&Smooth bath soap.

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    I got one, too. It is really nice.
    JR158_24.jpg

clint64, Hodge, MR41 and 15 others like this.
  18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

To be quite honest; I thought the tuxedo was soft, but I think the synthetic horse hair tad softer.

19. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Wow what a great haul

20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

A 1924 and a blade starter pack, generously sent to my collection from @wchnu and our friends at TOST. Used it yesterday, and it was good! [​IMG]

Jayaruh, Hodge, wchnu and 20 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.