Brass General ready for 2nd release tomorrow @7am. $99.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, May 21, 2017.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just came in today, 3 days late but I managed. This thing is a beauty! Just the look of it and I have no regrets on purchasing it. Shave coming up in a bit.....:love055:
    IMG_0656.JPG

clint64 likes this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats. Let us know what you think of the shave.

3. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

I ordered my yesterday. I hate you all. Carry on.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Str8on2 and clint64 like this.
  4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Looking forward to your thoughts on the razor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

COMPNOR likes this.
  5. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

So if I get the Mongoose Sampler pack from tryablade.com, are all those blades compatible with The General?

clint64 likes this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Yes, I would think so. Colonial Razors did say some blades were tight on the pins but they should fit. I have personally used only the Feather Pro and Feather Super Pro.

7. Str8on2

First shave in the books, and a Fine shave it was. An extremely smooth and very quiet shave. No audible feedback of any kind, I wasn't sure if it was cutting, but it was. This razor paired with a Feather Pro was as effortless a shave since using my OneBlade. Well, nothing is easier than a OneBlade but this Brass General made it seem like it was. Very easy to get the proper angle and the weight to me was just icing on the cake. Just let the razor fall, that simple. Not a single problem with the handle slipping, lather and all. I was surprised on how good of a shave it was without hardly feeling any blade through out the shave. Yes, it was a superb shave! @clint64, you are a razor profit...
    Now with a Feather Pro Super, that would be very interesting indeed. Coming soon.......
    IMG_0664.JPG

BigMark83, clint64 and COMPNOR like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I thought you would like the razor. The brass General/Feather Pro is one smooth combo for sure. I tried it early on with the Super and didn't care for the combo. Now with 30 shaves on the General, I will revisit the General/Super combo sometime during June.

9. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

My "Brass General" arrived and I had one shave with it thus far. What a sweet razor, the best of any SE I've tried. I can get a BBS shave with most razors, but not as effortlessly as with the BG. It seems to hit the sweet spot on the comfort vs. efficiency tradeoff, at least for me. Perhaps the AC blades are simply better, but my guess is the razor has a lot to do with it.

Str8on2, clint64 and Bookworm like this.
  10. Str8on2

Agreed. Combo of both......:happy036:

clint64 and DesertTime like this.
  11. Str8on2

2nd shave with it today, earlier this morning. Just wonderful. I'm taken aback by the smoothness yet the excellent efficiency of this razor. So smooth and quiet, yet it removes the stubble effortlessly. It's only my 2nd shave with it, but I can honestly say it is perhaps the smoothest and most efficient safety razor I have ever shaved with. On par with the OneBlade, if not better. And paired with the AC Style blades from Feather, this is as good as it gets..... Colonial hit this one out of the park in my estimation. I can't speak for the aluminum version, but it has garnered many a great reviews and praises on here and other forums. So I'm assuming it's just as good as the Brass General. But, I like my razors with some weight, and this one fits the bill perfectly on all aspects.......

clint64 likes this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 5, 2017
    Colonial Razor “The General”
    Feather Super Pro
    Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    Mystic Water Raspberry Lemon
    Folsom & Co. Shambala

[​IMG]

Revisiting the Feather Super Pro blade with the brass General this month. I can say the combo is not as smooth as the Feather Pro but is more efficient. If this trend continues I can see my Batch 2 Satin Mongoose being moved out of the den.

Str8on2 likes this.
  13. Str8on2

I should be receiving my Super Pros today. Anxious to try the BG paired with this super sharp blade. But I believe I will come to the same conclusion as yours. The Feather Pro feels almost perfect with this razor. Still feel the need to feel the Super and what it can do with the BG.....

clint64 likes this.
  14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Let us know what you thing of the Supers in the BG.

15. Str8on2

FWIW....... The Brass General has been reduced Gents from $89.99 to $69.99. If you have been on the fence concerning this razor, now is a good time to consider one of the better shaving SE's on the market at a bargain price IMHO....

16. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Always, when I need to stop buying products, new ones are released or items go on sale. This must be the devil trying to tempt me. @Jayaruh and @gorgo2 , the struggle is real.

17. Str8on2

LOL!! :happy097: Sorry amigo, those were not my intentions...... seriously. :happy068:

BigMark83 likes this.