Merkur Futur Clone....My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Apr 8, 2017.

1. drwevil

drwevil Well-Known Member

I notice that fro Alibaba you have have the razor with your name printed on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  2. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

I noticed. Briefly thought about using that as part of groomsmen gifts. I don't think everyone would use it though. It's a really reasonable price.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  3. drwevil

I might get one with "drwevil" down the handle.

AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've liked the looks of the original Futur since I first saw it. I was really anticipating my Clone that didn't happen in The Great Bait-n-Switch of '17. Got my junk DE & refund. My RAD had settled down.
    And then...
    possibilities are endless.jpg

5. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

The point of a groomsman gift isn't necessarily for it to be useful. It's for it to be unique, and memorable. One customer of mine commissioned custom silver belt buckles. Not exactly the sort of thing you want to use on a regular basis, but unique, and memorable.

RyX likes this.
  6. MetalHead88

MetalHead88 Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree with that and it's a reason I'm still thinking about getting a bunch of ej89s engraved. But I'd think it would be cool if they'd use it as well.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  7. Bookworm

Heck, if you want to get something engraved, just grab an OLD, or a ball end tech, and take it to a machine shop. They can 3-d Scan the parts and run you off a dozen brand new brass (or whatever) razors, and you can have the caps stamped or engraved :)

Jim99 and RyX like this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

After nine days from ordering, on a Sunday, the Ming Shi 2000S has arrived......

Ming Shi.jpg

AGHisBBS, Jim99, Primotenore and 6 others like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My three departed from Chicago yesterday. Let's see if virginiasheng (3653) sends the real Murkur Clone.

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  10. jimjo1031

It's the one I got from them.

RyX likes this.
  11. jimjo1031

After some experimenting, I found a way for the blade to line up much better, at least for me. When inserting a new blade. I dial it all the way down to "0" so there is no movement. And as @sky pilot 83 mentioned above, "When you're looking at the adjustment dial then look at the top of the razor there'll be 2 dots on that plate. They should be on the left." One side of the top cap has a slight lip to it. From past videos I've seen, this is there to place your thumb on it, while having a finger on the other side to "flip" the cap off. I put that part of the cap on the right side of the dial marker and after inserting a blade, I snap the cap on and give it a little pressure to make sure it is on snug. Even when dialing it up or down, the gap stays even on both sides. Maybe this will help others, it works fine on my razor.

RyX, Linuxguile, DaltonGang and 2 others like this.
  12. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

Thank you jimjo.

So the plate should be dots to the left, set all the way down, and after inserting blade snap the cap on with the lip to the right. Gotcha. I was thinking that's how it's supposed to be but as said before i wasn't paying attention to mine in how it was assembled before i took it apart.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  13. jimjo1031

I did mine using different combinations and that is the best way for me.

sky pilot 83 likes this.
  14. DaltonGang

My three are expected to be delivered tomorrow, if I am home to sign. If not, Friday.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  15. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Got my uncle_ding order today. I was hopeful as the package was shipped from Taiwan
    [​IMG]

But alas, 3 tto Nanjie's:

[​IMG]

I don't think I've ever felt such a cheap feeling razor. Even the shaving factory razors are better quality

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RyX, Jim99 and jimjo1031 like this.
  16. sky pilot 83

sky pilot 83 Active Member

I gave a couple of mine to neighbors along with 5 lab blue personna for each.

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

17. Bookworm

Check the safety bar/closed comb. I found that on both of my three, the right hand side was bent upwards, and needed to be bent down.

I need to test them to make sure they'll shave okay before gifting to unsuspecting victi... volunteers.

I also noticed that the underside of the head has some sharp bits.

RyX, Linuxguile and jimjo1031 like this.
  18. jimjo1031

Yep, same as mine.

Linuxguile likes this.
  19. drwevil

They are crap.
    Girlqueen is suppose to be sending me the correct razors. .....
    [​IMG]
    I have a gold plastic TTO razor that is actually worse the plastic isn't strong enough once it gets hot to hold the blade.

Linuxguile likes this.
  20. DaltonGang

AGHisBBS, RyX, Bookworm and 2 others like this.