EVER READY PASS AROUND

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, May 4, 2017.

1. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Excellent! PM incoming!

Karl G likes this.
  2. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

@dustmite , you will enjoy these razors. I've had such a good time with the shovelhead, that I am seriously looking to pick one up for myself. I already have the 1912 and the 1924 and love them. The 1924 will complete that part of my collection.

I'll send out the razors after my Saturday morning shave and provide you with the tracking number.

Jim

Karl G, PLAla, dustmite and 1 other person like this.
  3. dustmite

Can't wait!

Karl G and PLAla like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Day 4 using the Ever Ready 1924 and it was another great shave. Today I used a stainless steel blade in it, shimmed it, and ended up with a BBS in two passes. The carbon blade felt smoother to me than the stainless steel blade. I like the audible feedback from this razor. You know when you've got the angle right.

Tomorrow will be my last shave with it before I send the trio to @dustmite .

Below is the Ever Ready family picture. They sure are beauties!
    IMG_2467.jpg

Karl G, dustmite, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I did get to use the Ever Ready 1924 one last time this morning. However, I was in such a rush that I didn't get to take a picture. I can tell you that it was another stellar shave with the 1924. Overall, it's a great razor. No issues loading the blade, working around the nose and it seems to have just the right amount of aggression for me so that I can easily achieve BBS shaves. I can't thank @twhite enough for making this happen.

:happy096:

@dustmite , the Ever Ready trio should be in your mailbox on Tuesday. Enjoy!

:)

Karl G, twhite, PLAla and 1 other person like this.
  6. dustmite

Can't wait to see how this trio compares to my Gem!

Karl G, twhite, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

@RetLEO-07 give the pass around a go. If you are looking for aggressive and smooth. The 1914&1924 will fit that bill nicely. The 1912 is a bit less aggressive than the other 2, and much more than the Featherweight.

Sign on up.
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PLAla, dustmite, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The 1914 and the 1924 are excellent razors, with the right amount of heft and aggression to provide fantastic shaves. @RetLEO-07 , you owe it to yourself to try out these razors.

PLAla, Karl G and twhite like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Guys, I appreciate the offer, but I've got stuff on my plate right now. I'm gonna have to pass.

Jim99, PLAla, Karl G and 1 other person like this.
  10. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

No problem. If you ever run across them on the cheap. Do not hesitate to score them. They are great shaves.

Tom

Jim99, PLAla, dustmite and 1 other person like this.
  11. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

I'm always looking. That's how I scored the Featherweight.

Karl G, Jim99, dustmite and 1 other person like this.
  12. dustmite

The trio arrived safe and sound, and I'm really looking forward to trying one out tomorrow evening! I'm just trying to figure out which one to start with!

Karl G, twhite and Jim99 like this.
  13. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Start with the 1912 of you have not used any of them before. That can be your benchmark

Karl G, dustmite and Jim99 like this.
  14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

+1 on using the 1912 first. That's the easiest to use. From there I would go with the 1914 and then the 1924. These are fun razors to use.

:)

15. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

If you really feel adventurous after using each one once, try shimming a blade. It worked great for me.

Karl G, dustmite and twhite like this.
  16. dustmite

I saved an old blade to hack up for a shim! Probably won't get around to that until Saturday, though. Work gets in the way of all my fun...

17. dustmite

My Gem is almost identical to the one on the far left of @Jim99's photo, I'm guessing it's the 1912? I'll start with that, as it's the most familiar. Is the 1914 the one in the middle?

18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

The 1912 is on the left, the 1914 is in the middle and the 1924 is on the right.

Karl G, dustmite and twhite like this.
  19. dustmite

Didn't get to shave last night, I had a pretty rough day at work and was just too tired. Decided to enjoy a multi-razor shave today. I loaded my preferred coated stainless in my 1912 Gem, and used that for half of my first pass. I then switched the blade over to the ER 1912 for the remainder of the first pass, and all of the second. Those two razors could have been separated at birth! No difference whatsoever. Curiosity got the best of me, and I moved the blade into the 1924 for the last pass and cleanup. The '24 is my favorite so far! Left me dolphin smooth with only a bit of touch up needed under my chin and a spot on my neck where the grain swirls, both common trouble spots for me. The '24 even seems to be a bit more maneuverable under the nose than my Gem. Alum proved the quality of the shave, with no sting at all. Looks like I'm in for a couple weeks of great shaves! Thanks again, @twhite for sharing!

PLAla, jmudrick, Jim99 and 2 others like this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That 1924 is a great razor.

Karl G, PLAla, jmudrick and 2 others like this.