What's your favorite Aftershave and why

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by LevelupShaves, Jun 15, 2017.

1. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

So I did it with soaps let's get a thread going with aftershaves! Let's have it what's your favorite Aftershaves and why? Preferably Splashes but if balms are your thing throw it out there too.

Personally
    Fine Platinum- Great scent and just the right mix of menthol to alcohol

Blades Grim Smolder- Great scent alcohol free if that's your thing

Proraso Green and Red- Good scents and they have lotion properties even though they are Splashes

VIBR- classic Bayrum nuff said

Lucky Tiger- light scent good for the face love this when I shave at night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Terry Williams

Terry Williams Well-Known Member

I've been partial lately to greener scents like:
    Musgo Real Oak Moss #2
    Mickey Lee Reunion
    Fine Green Vetiver

But, ones that I seem to gravitate to are:
    Mickey Lee Grand Havana
    Mickey Lee Colonia di Agrumi
    Old Spice (new)
    TOBS Mr. Taylor

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Copenhagen. My wife loves it so that is all that really matters. I would love to try a variety but AS and cologne get way too expensive.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

The only answer for this is Aqua Velva ice blue. Mods may close the thread now.....

5. LevelupShaves

I was waiting for this sooner or later I'm sure another great teacher on TSD will be throwing the Veg or Osage out there too....

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Nope. I doubt they rate those above the velva....we will see though.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

I've tried many, own a bunch but these I've finished and repurchased:
    B&M Cologne Russe
    Captains Choice North
    Henri et Victoria Cognac and Cuban Cigars
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

I'm partial to these because of their long lasting and great smelling scent.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

My favorite is Pinaud VIBR. Not my wife's by a long shot.
    A very close second is my newly acquired Vintage Old Spice. It takes me back to when I was A kid. That was what my dad wore. It makes me feel very relaxed and safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

You actually have a great list going, but you absolutely have to try chatillon lux, Stirling soap, and musgo real. Of course, pinaud clubman and lilac Vegetal are nice as well.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Veg with Arko, Willams with AV.

Because GAWD.

Carry on.

11. RyX

RyX DoH!

Though there's lots of wiggle room about that constitutes a Barbershop scent two stand out for me; Pinaud Clubman & Canoe. To my nose near identical. A Lady friend purchased the Canoe for me, so I save it for her. The Clubman is so very inexpensive that I use it often.
    Then there's Lime. It's a short lived scent but I find it pleasant. Another Pinaud win here - not sure if I prefer Lime Sec or Citrus Musk. Still seeking the elusive and generally pricey Vintage Old Spice Lime. Can't see purchasing the modern European products for their flashy bottles and matching price tags.
    Others I like; Old Spice (Vintage '70's Shulton or P&G), several vintage Avon AS; Wild Country at the top of that pile. For leather scent there's an Avon - Leather, bolder & better Pinaud Special Reserve, or lighter English Leather.
    I like my Osage with a Florida Water chaser. Arko and the Veg may not be date night products but they are still in my den.
    I've given up chasing the newest latest products. Sometimes they pop up and get discontinued fast which makes me wonder just how good could they have been.

12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

+1 for Aqua Velva. I'll add Aqua Velva musk and Skin Bracer to the list too. I love these scents.

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Good man

Proceed along the path....

Paul Turner, RaZorBurn123 and Jim99 like this.
  14. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Aramis. Herself's favorite, therefore mine.
    Number 2 is VIBR.

15. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

This is something that changes often, but here are my top three right now:

Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Toner
    Krampert's Finest Frostbite
    Tabac!

SpeedyPC and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

If I had to choose one it would be RR XXX. Everything Fine puts out is fantastic.

17. LevelupShaves

I love the soap I may need to check the AS out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Ektarr

Ektarr New Member

Hiya. New Member, First post:

Currently using Stetson and have for some years. I wear the traditional Stetson daily, and the Stetson Black when I'm heading out for a date with my Lovely Bride. However... Years ago Melaleuca had a Most Excellent aftershave called 'Mate' which had a distinctive Chypre scent. I was asked about it everywhere and -- so as not to dilute the number of people wearing it (and thereby ruin my uniqueness) -- I wouldn't disclose what it was, only that I had it "Imported" (It came from Washington State). They stopped making it entirely for some reason but I keep looking for it, just in case.

AGHisBBS, Terry Williams and RyX like this.
  19. RyX

RyX DoH!

Welcome @Ektarr! If you have a moment, pass by The Welcome Center and make your introduction? All the usual suspects will visit. There may be questions about your gear and shave journey. It's our version of a Meet & Greet. I'd then invite you to sign up for the Newbie Giveaway!

Bama Samurai and twhite like this.
  20. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Cella A/S has a Chypre component.
    Welcome to the Den!