Maybe carts arent so bad?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by Badgerstate, May 4, 2017.

1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I do like this one....Don't have one...actually wish I had keep my all metal atra...I think the last of the cartridge razors where gillette still had our best interests at heart...

2. Bird Lives

I see and appreciate what you are saying....But I would also miss getting those "other Worldly BBSs that I can easily get with a few select SEs or Injector razor plus appropriate blade combos...

I mean DFSs are cool...but I've gotten spoiled...

3. Bird Lives

Oh sure...probably every shaver would come on board if they were enticed to try them... Gillette still makes great DE blades for the third World countries where the economies make market exploitation impossible...

4. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Honestly, there would be a lot of people that would continue to use cartridges for the convenience, especially because of groups like the TSA.

Remember, Gillette managed to get enormous amounts of people to drop DE's, plus even Schick dropped the injectors, in favour of high plastic disposables. There was a reason for that besides them ceasing manufacture of the razors themselves.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Agreed on all points.

6. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

Since I begun with DE, I have a few times tried cartridges. I have found one cartridge system actually working well: Gillette Guard. They are dirt cheap and actually really good. I still prefer my DEs, because I can pick exactly the blade I want.

gorgo2 likes this.
  7. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Not surprising. The Guard was developed specifically to be like a DE in shaving, for the Indian market.

8. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I have no problem getting BBS shaves with a Trac II razor.

gorgo2 likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Me either. A slight adjustment in technique is all it takes.