The Dirty Nasty Gillette Fatboy.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by DaltonGang, Jun 7, 2017.

1. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

I love the '58s. Nice job.

DaltonGang likes this.
  2. Rich Daverson

Rich Daverson Member

Very nicely done...I almost exclusively shave with my H-3....

DaltonGang likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

nice razor.i agree about rough looking razors.purchased a 56 red tip for really cheap.it looked like it was dipped in wax,grungy etc.it cleaned up better than some of the shiny razors i have bought in the past.

RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  4. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I absolutely enjoy finding these types of nasty razors and cleaning them up to see what lurks underneath.

RyX likes this.
  5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Great find, and fantastic cleanup!

6. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Congrats on the razor - and on the cleanup!!! Well done!!

7. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Looks like it's in excellent condition. Nice job cleaning it up. I have a Fatboy that is pretty brassed but it's still an amazing shaver and my favorite razor.

8. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

I'm always on the prowl for lots containing razors in this and worse condition. They generally sell for a reasonable cost and can be flipped profitably with little effort.

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Nice job. Just a bit dirty. A little lovin' brought it back.

10. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

Hey
    That looks like my razor that I use everyday......I thought I left it laying on the sink in the Homeless Shelter.:scared003:

RyX, lightcs1776 and DaltonGang like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

That's how most of mine start out, but they end up looking much different, after I knock some of the crud off them. The Straight Razors are the ones that take on the most change, look the best when cleaned up. No worry about plating wear.

RyX, PatrickA51 and dustmite like this.
  12. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Except if it's the one in the "Ugliest Razor" thread up above. That one you pass up.

13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I look at the potential/cost. The one in the "Ugliest Razor" thread looks too far gone for me. Especially since the bidding was at $18 yesterday. I don't have the link, so I don't know what it up to now, or if it ended yet. If you wanted one strictly to Cerakote, then that one might be a candidate, but it probably is too corroded for nickel plating.

RetLEO-07 likes this.