Blue Bird half blades @ Tryablade

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gorgo2, Jun 18, 2017.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I still have a fond memory of this blade, which says something since I was still pretty early in my technique when I enjoyed them. Some guys really liked them, most guys apparently didn't, but they really took a liking to me and I've never forgotten it.

As most of us are aware, they were discontinued some years ago. Now, Tryablade has the professional split version which, from the description, seems to be the same blade as before. So I'm wondering how to get these as unbroken blades would be possible. I emailed Tryablade to see what he thinks. Any other ideas?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yes sir! Although the blade printing looks very different, those appear to be the ones. The listing verifies they're Turkish and a sibling of Derby. Now to find someone in the U.S. that carries them.

If they shave the way I remember, that's going to be my first truly big blade buy (100 Big Ben is my biggest and only mass purchase so far). Thank you for finding that.

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I think the Amazon seller is the same as the one I linked to, just selling on multiple sites.

Good for you to have found them!

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Looks like it is the same person or persons. The Amazon page says they would be shipped to the U.S.

$0.40 a blade for the 25 with free shipping...worth trying, especially if the story I read is true that the blade may never have stopped production, just export (can't imagine why that would happen but who knows).