Merkur Futur Clone....My thoughts.

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Rich Daverson, Apr 8, 2017.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

That's why he will refund the money quickly when notified by Ebay about the return. He doesn't want to have his account charged for return shipping.

DaltonGang, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

That's why I contact the seller first, and offer for him to issue a refund, refund with shipping label, or go through ebays refund. I've only had one be hard core about it, and made me go through eBay. It ended up costing them more to ship it back.
    I then watched their listings, and saw they were trying to sell the broken razor again, without listing or showing the crack. I notified them I was contacting eBay, about their scam, and the item was taken down by the end of the day.
    I've also won a razor, where the seller refuses to sell it to me, and wanted more money. I also reported them to eBay, and left a nasty feedback.
    One of my favorites(it pissed me off at the time), the seller wanted more money, and I said a deal was a deal, and he should have listed it with a reserve. He mailed it to me, broken. I forewarned all correspondences to eBay, and the seller is no more. He only had a couple of sales und e r his belt anyway.

Linuxguile, RyX, Tdmsu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I did this yesterday and had my refund this morning

RyX, ninjack and jimjo1031 like this.
  4. MObigfoot

MObigfoot Active Member

Looks814 Sen me the Ninja TTO I sent him/her a pretty negative email about bait and switch and they offered a refund. I said no I wanted the razor I ordered. They then came back the they would send the adjustable but it would take 15-30 days to get it here. I said that would be alright but if it wasn't the adjustable I originally ordered. I would file a complaint with ebay and leave a very negative feedback.

So the ball is in their court and I will follow through if they send another TTO.

On another note geofatboy has a YouTube video where he is coating the handle of a Merkur Futur with the black plastic non slip tool coating. It was very interesting. Not sure if I want to do it to my QShave clone but if Looks814 sends me the Ming Shi I might consider it on that one.

5. DaltonGang

I have both the the QShave, and the Ming Shi s2000, and honestly, I cannot tell the difference. I believe someone stated earlier that they are made in the same factory. So, to me, that means they are identical.

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

yep....

7. DanielB

DanielB Member

uncle_ding, toptop14, toptop37 and others still have listings that either say "adjustable safety razor" and then have pictures of the Nanjie TTO (such as Item#152522617708 and Item#192167192338) and Item#162492175446), or they have listing that don't mention "adjustable" at all but are using the "futur clone" adjustable's image as their main listing image (such as Item#162493607443). I've been reporting any that I see and suggest anyone else who sees this continuing to happen do the same.

I really don't think eBay cares...
    1. Just look at the Report seller options - none of the provided dropdown list items are appropriate for either complaint. I've been choosing "Listing practices->Other listing practices->Item location misrepresentation", and then trying to cram an explanation into the 100-character text box.
    2. When you get a refund, it comes out of the seller's account, but eBay does NOT reverse the selling fees, so eBay always gets their money. Meanwhile, the seller is out the item that is shipped, the money they received for it(refunded), postage paid, plus the eBay and PayPal fees originally charged for the transaction.

Still have not received mine, ordered May 1st. If it is coming from China, despite the seller telling me via Message that it was going to be shipped from Malaysia, then I won't know what was actually shipped for around another 2 months, maybe more. Sadly, I think I know what will show up!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  8. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Just got the Ming Shi 2000s today from Maggards along with a 26mm Synthetic brush. Will be testing it out within the next couple of days and see how it fairs against the Merkur Futur......
    IMG_0717.JPG

9. DaltonGang

My wife just gave a Ming Shi S2000 to her sister. She has never used anything other than cartridges, her entire life. She is now hooked, and loves it.

jimjo1031, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  10. Str8on2

Got my first shave in today with the Ming Shi and honestly, it was a pretty decent shave. I used the blade that came with it, which was again a Ming Shi (felt like a Dorco blade). Felt lighter than the Futur and they look very much alike, just a bit less aggressive compared to the Futur on the same settings. But it shaved fine, albeit I was not very fond of the blade. A 3 pass DFS, hardly any irritation at all. One thing is certain, I will not be using the rest of the Ming Shi blades, just not as sharp as to what I am accustomed to. A almost Futur like shave at 1/5 of the cost of one. A very nice razor to be honest. Low risk, high reward economical yet efficient adjustable that looks and feels much better than it's cost.

RyX, AGHisBBS, ninjack and 1 other person like this.
  11. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Just made an offer on the Q-Shave clone on the bay, and accepted the seller's counter offer. Thanks to all the enablers here, I should have mine next week! ;)

12. Str8on2

Congrats. The Ming Shi and the Q-Shave are practically the same razor. Really nice shave, quality build for the price point. A very nice feeling shave that is just a tad less aggressive in it's settings compared to the Futur. And, you're welcome.....;)

dustmite and RyX like this.
  13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  14. dustmite

That's the seller I bought from. Should be here Tuesday.

Primotenore and Str8on2 like this.
  15. Str8on2

ItalianBarber has them for $9.99, not including shipping.....

dustmite and Primotenore like this.
  16. dustmite

Mine arrived today, and seems like a quality piece. It's going to sit on the shelf for a bit, because I have pass-around razors right now, but I'll be sure to post my thoughts when I finally get around to using it!

RyX likes this.
  17. Mbg75

Mbg75 Well-Known Member

I'm in the bait and switch, Nanjie club. It sucks. 40 days to receive. Seller refused to send full refund. Contacted eBay and left negative feedback.
    Now the seller is asking me to change the feedback. I feel that I should be compensated for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX and DaltonGang like this.
  18. DaltonGang

Ebay should give you your money back. Have you opened up a refund request??

19. Mbg75

Mbg75 Well-Known Member

I did open a case, and eBay refunded my money.

It could be entertaining to see how far the seller would go for positive feedback.

RyX, DaltonGang and AGHisBBS like this.
  20. DanielB

DanielB Member

Mine, from talkquikly, still hadn't arrived after 7-1/2 weeks so earlier this week, I contacted the seller to let them know. Said they will resend (for free) using a "faster shipping way" and asked if I agreed to that. "Resend? Maybe the adjustable Futur Clone is back in stock?", I wondered. Or, rather, "I bet they resend the Nanjie TTO". :rolleyes005:

I replied asking them to tell me what carrier & service they planned to now use (as an almost word-for-word message was received by me in March, from another Aukey Int. seller about another item, and their "faster" method still hasn't shown up after 105 days) and I also instructed them not to do anything until confirming that the replacement would be the adjustable razor that I ordered and not the non-adjustable Nanjie that's now shown in the updated listing. Seller replied saying "air post" (so same as first) and said they would send that day, ignoring the question about the razor type they'd be sending.

The next day, a full refund suddenly appeared in my PayPal account.
    Negative Feedback left.

Meanwhile, I notice that NONE of the listings I reported to eBay a couple of weeks ago have been removed or corrected.

Off to look for a QShave or Mingshi on AliX that has ePacket shipping to Canada...

RyX and AGHisBBS like this.