June 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2017.

?

What would you most like for Father's Day?

1. A brand new modern stainless steel razor baby!

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. A vintage DE razor!

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. A vintage straight razor - I'm living the dark side!

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. A nice vintage injector!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. A new brush - or an old one to restore!

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  6. Some of my favorite soap or shaving cream!

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  7. Cookies - LOTS of cookies!!

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  8. A group intro without this stupid poll!!!!

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Looking good, Jim!

2. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Perry!

3. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I have really been enjoying the pictures today, gentlemen.

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Fantastic shave using heirloom hardware. And such cute kids. It's a good thing they have their mother's looks. Happy Father's Day!

5. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

June 2017!!!

Trials and Tribulations

June 18

Razor - 1959 (E4)Gillette Fatboy (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Arko
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    Post - Alum

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads who are a part of our little experiment in social shaving here. I've loved some of the pictures that have been posted. Makes me remember when mine were much younger. My daughters are now in their mid 30s, sons in their mid to early 20s.

As for the shave today I'll keep it short. Final trial on the Super Platinum and no problems. Maybe a bit of irritation but nothing to worry about. Fine near-BBS result again and another Super-Max has shown its stuff!

In the spirit of the photo sharing I'll throw one up that some of you old-timers here will have seen. The newer members have probably missed out on this gem so here goes. Taken two weeks after first becoming a dad with my oldest daughter. This is a photo of a photo so the date is not the date the picture was taken. It's a bit older than that.

Hippy.jpg

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sticking to It!
    18 June 2017

IMG_1392.JPG

Kudos to Jared! @PickledNorthern knows his soaps. Sheep Sunday is a thing.
    Other than that...all is quiet in Colorado.

Have a magnificent Monday!
    :)

The mass of the SRX has a great glide versus other Shavettes I've tried.

Mass reply:

Pretty cool 24 hours. Lots of stories and pics on a very special day. Thank you all!

7. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Gentlemen, some great family pictures and stories today! Thank you for sharing them.

My own father died in his sleep three days after his 85th birthday, still sharp of mind and basically okay physically until the night his heart gave out. That was three years ago, and at times like this I miss him keenly. Cherish the times with your family while you have them!

Adam @Drygulch and Perry @PLAla, it looks like you both spent the day making a physical connection with some of your families' past history. I enjoyed the photos of the battleship visit and of the vintage razor restoration. I also thought it was interesting, Adam, that there is still a definite family resemblance between you and your Great-.

8. RyX

RyX DoH!

June Focus rolls on.

Truefitt & Hill Sandalwood
    LE30DC Cashmere Cypress
    Schick J-1, Personna Twin
    Alum, Pinaud Clubman AS

SOTD 06192017 T&H.gif
    Long day out with my dad & mom. Got a late start on packing fishing poles, ice chest, folding chairs, and assorted gear. Drove to several spots and didn't catch a single fish. Still had a good time hanging out with the 'Rents. While dad and I unpacked, mom got supper started. She had tucked away some leftovers from a previous meal & had gathered the necessaries for Crawfish Fettuccine. Couple of episodes of N.C.I.S. and a full tummy later I headed home. Got back to the house feeling worn out, a bit sunburnt, and ready for a simple shave. Face lathered using the synthetic, skipped the shavette, pulled a very nice DFS off with the 8th use of the Personna II blade. Alum was smooth and cool, and Clubman compliments the sandalwood scent of the soap very well. I'm tired, need to get to bed for a project tomorrow. Probably be up late & sleep in instead.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

9. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Thanks
    Thanks very much Jim.

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Adam, your Great, Great Grandfather would have been very proud. Your kids are beautiful. Happy (belated) Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day, Perry! That's a wonderful photo of you and Wilson! Your family connection with the Marines serving aboard the USS Alabama is very interesting, particularly on a Father's Day. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Happy Father's Day, Jim. Awesome family photos! Enjoy the rest of your long weekend.

RyX, SharptoothC, mrchick and 5 others like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

The LE30DC looks amazing. Great work Jared. :happy096:

Bama Samurai, RyX, Drygulch and 3 others like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

A great post Perry. Thanks for sharing the photos. You have a great looking son.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim. :happy088:

14. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Guys, I have really loved seeing the photos and hearing the family and Father's Day stories. As Fuzzy would say, BULLY!

Bama Samurai, NCoxSTL, RyX and 12 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photos Jim . Thanks for sharing. :happy088:

Great photo Charlie. It sounds like you two had a fantastic trip.

June 19, 2017
    Damaskeene Open Comb
    Gem PTFE
    “Amgios” Simpson CH2 Synthetic
    MdC
    Myrsol Agua Balamica

[​IMG]

Why are weekends so short? Since the week has to start, I might as well start it in style with the original MdC. The "Soap Destroyer" whipped up a wonderful slick lather. I just love the scent of MdC. Three passes and touch ups ended in a wonderfully smooth shave with only the spots on my neck preventing perfection. A splash of Myrsol Agua Balsamica and I think I am ready for the day. I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Bama Samurai, NCoxSTL, RyX and 10 others like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent photo of fine gear amigo.

17. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Clint!
    Great set up and photo this morning, Clint. Have a great week!

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you both. Much of the office is out on vacation so I am hoping for a drama free week.

19. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Charlie!

Thank you, Clint!
    Looks like a terrific shave! Enjoy your Monday!

20. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

That would probably be a nice change. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.