June 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, May 31, 2017.

?

What would you most like for Father's Day?

1. A brand new modern stainless steel razor baby!

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  2. A vintage DE razor!

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. A vintage straight razor - I'm living the dark side!

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. A nice vintage injector!

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. A new brush - or an old one to restore!

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  6. Some of my favorite soap or shaving cream!

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  7. Cookies - LOTS of cookies!!

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
  8. A group intro without this stupid poll!!!!

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

IMG_0569.JPG
    19 June 2017 Lost Weekend Blade Focus Shave

Pre: Hot water, soap off the puck & a hot towel
    Razor: 1966 Schick Krona
    Blade: Shark Super Chrome
    Brush: Omega 10098
    Soap: Catie's Bubbles "Sunrise"
    Post: Hot/Cold rinse, alum block, cold towelx2, Dominello Vitali Calming Post Shave Moisturizer
    After Shave: Proraso Green Lozione Dopobarba

For the first time in a looong time, I took a whole weekend off from shaving. So this morning's shave was like a Sunday shave for me. Took my time with the prep, whipped up a great lather with the big boar and got after it.
    This week's blade is the Shark Super Chrome. This blade worked great in my Super Speed Black Tip. You'll be happy to know that it picked up right where it left off. 2.5 passes of shaving excellence! I was going to do a 3 pass shave, but there was nothing left to do after the half pass on my neck.
    I love this "Sunrise" by Catie's Bubbles. Smells fantastic, it's slick and there's a great post shave face feel. Added bonus, a "surprise break" (the pistol shooters among us know what I'm talking about) of menthol.
    It was much appreciated on this muggy morning here in the Great Garden State.
    Splashed on some Proraso Green A/S and it was off to start another week in the funfilled world of corporate security.
    Have a great shave, have a great day!!

Bama Samurai, wchnu, RyX and 12 others like this.
  3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

June 19th
    Gillette Aristocrat Jr. w Polsilver (3)
    TGN Boar
    Jeeves Apothecary
    Thayers
    Barrister's Reserve Spice
    image.jpg
    Tonnes of great Father's day photos and stories yesterday! I'm ticked at myself that I didn't take any pictures of my kids and I yesterday. I have a son who turns 11 later this year and a daughter turning 9 this week. We lease a yearly RV spot on a beautiful lake a few hours away and were there all weekend. My kids 'helped' me buck up a tree for firewood yesterday morning. A nice Father's Day spent camping in the woods with my family.
    Day 3 of the Jr. focus, 3rd day with the Polsilver. There was a bit of Jeeves conversation on here last week, and it had me grabbing the Apothecary this morning. A great lather was produced and I went to work on 3 days worth of growth. 3 passes later to a DFS. One tiny weeper, some good stink, and I am off to face the week.
    Have a great day all!

Bama Samurai, RyX, Fup and 10 others like this.
  4. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Monday June 19 - soap surprise

Rockwell 6s on plate #3 / Topaz Platinum ( 1 )
    30DC LE Cashmere Maple brush
    LEA
    Alum and Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent Aftershave

My soap today was LEA, made in Spain since 1823. It was full of surprises. The first surprise was when I opened the tin to get at the puck of hard soap and discovered I had purchased the shaving cream version instead. The second surprise was the scent. I had seen it described as a mixture of sandalwood and moss leading to a smoky sandalwood scent. I got the hint of smokiness, but my overwhelming impression was not sandalwood but medicinal hot spring. The third surprise occurred when I lathered up and felt my face going numb from the menthol I didn't know was in this product. Proraso Green is the only other menthol shaving soap or cream I own; this is stronger.

Despite the surprises - or maybe because of them - it was a great shave. LEA is an excellent shaving cream. A very little bit quickly built up into a rich creamy lather. All the protection you need for a shave combined with a great clean, well-hydrated, soft face feel postshave and, of course, that pleasant menthol kick. It will be a welcome addition to the inventory for those muggy summer days.

The shave itself was a two pass near BBS with no drama.

Hope everybody finds the week getting off to a great start!

Bama Samurai, RyX, Fup and 10 others like this.
  5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

This was my last home shave until Friday. I'm in the road this week and will miss most of the 108-110 degree weather
    Have a great week guys.
    SOTD
    Route 66 Sweeney Todd Soap
    B-400 Brush by Tom
    Giesen and Forsthoff Adoration Razor
    Lucky Tiger
    Pinaud Clubman After Shave
    [​IMG]

Bama Samurai, Screwtape, RyX and 9 others like this.
  6. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

June 19, 2017

Razor: F2 Gillette 195 Adjustable (4)
    Blade: Treet Platinum (1)
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 22
    Cream: KMf fragrance-free

For various reasons, I ended up not shaving yesterday and Saturday's shave was a CCS as the result of a case of Razus Interruptus.

For today, I decided to skip the 60's SS (next in the focus) and go with the Fatboy. As for the blade, I only have a few of the Treet Platinums so I use them sparingly but, when I do, I really like them. I ended up doing my regular two passes to a near BBS with no issues.

Bama Samurai, Screwtape, RyX and 9 others like this.
  7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Oh man, spaghetti night .... I'll have to remember that one when my son gets a little older!

8. Linuxguile

All of the family and fathers day photos that were posted are awesome! What a great community we have here with the 30DC and on TSD in general. Here I am with my son when he was a newborn, and now four months later.
    19149112_1722841267740855_8737446853193973038_n.jpg

9. mrchick

What a change. He has the best smile!

10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Awesome - love it!

11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Clint! I don't want to bore anyone with an old story, but it's quite possible that Wilson wouldn't live when he was born. He was born at 26 weeks old. My wife developed sudden blood pressure problems and he had to be delivered early. He spent 123 days in the NICU at two hospitals. He had two brain hemorrhages and other issues. But, he has overcome all of that and is now a normal 2.5 year old. He is really a miracle. His neurologist told us that his recovery and passage through the hemorrhages so unscathed couldn't be explained through science. He said "there was divine intervention involved here". Many, many prayers were said during his trials and my faith has been strengthened through this process. Every day with him is a blessing.

Screwtape, RyX, SharptoothC and 10 others like this.
  13. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Great pic, Andrew, as all of the Father's Day pictures have been from this group! I'm really glad to be a part of this great group of guys.

By the way, my sales director Mike just bought that slim from you last night. He is passing down the Merkur and the brush I gave him to his son-in-law, who is now taking up DE shaving. Apparently I'm starting my own cult following. Thanks for hooking him up with the slim. He did his own 60 day rule, and is now saying he wants to step up the equipment a bit as he feels like his is a bit rudimentary. Between the slim he got from you and the Stirling brush & soap samples I got him, he's about to enter a whole New World, and a whole new list of acquisition disorders!

Screwtape, RyX, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  14. BaylorGator

That is fantastic, Perry! What a great story and a great encouragement.

Screwtape, RyX, PLAla and 4 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

What a heart warming story, Perry. All the more reason we should all enjoy and cherish each day with our loved ones.

Screwtape, PLAla, SharptoothC and 6 others like this.
  16. Linuxguile

That's very cool randy, You should encourage him to join us here!

Screwtape, RyX, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  17. Linuxguile

That is a great story Perry and really highlight the power of prayer!

Screwtape, PLAla, SharptoothC and 5 others like this.
  18. BaylorGator

I told him and his son in law to look us up. We'll see what happens...

RyX, PLAla, SharptoothC and 4 others like this.
  19. BaylorGator

By the way, Andrew, I am dying to know the story behind your CT. Whenever you have a spare moment to share, I'd love to hear it.

RyX, PLAla, SharptoothC and 4 others like this.
  20. mrchick

Thank you for sharing about the power of prayer. I'm so glad he made it through it all.

Screwtape, PLAla, wristwatchb and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.