The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Wait, we sent you the wrong soap? Or the wrong one was ordered? Let me know if I messed up and I'll take care of it.

2. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I already have my choice for tomorrow morning - the Glacial Wintergreen!

Paul Turner, ob1page and PLAla like this.
  3. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Just talked to my wife...she said she thought she ordered "On the Rocks." Maybe it was sold out by the time she clicked "Pay Now" lol! Anyways, I've already used it and it's a MARVELOUS scent!!!

ob1page and Yehuda D like this.
  4. Yehuda D

I agree completely. The scent is delightful. I have the GTOTR and the menthol effect is colder than I expected!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  5. Yehuda D

What a delightful shave I had from the Glacial Wintergreen. The menthol blast was off the charts. I finished off with the matching balm and witch hazel.

Gnomeo0228, PLAla and Paul Turner like this.
  6. Yehuda D

I don't know how this happened but instead of using the Glacial Lemon Chill I grabbed the Electric Sheep sample that I brought with me. It was still a most enjoyable shave - that soap smells and lathers awesome!

Bama Samurai and Paul Turner like this.
  7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Glacial Lemon Chill kicked my face in today (in a very good way). For some reason I seem to get a creamier lather with this soap. I just love it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

8. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Is stirling blu a seasonal scent? I just smelled it today and oh man it's really nice. I went to stirling site and I didn't see listed for sale.

Thanks

PLAla likes this.
  9. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

If you check the scent description page, they list the following:
    It is a Fall/Winter scent.

Scent description page lists scent as well as menthol level and season availability
    https://www.stirlingsoap.com/product-scent-descriptions/

10. banks741938

banks741938 Well-Known Member

Thanks I totally forgot about that

11. Yehuda D

I find the lather from all of the Glacial soaps is very creamy and it holds peaks. I also find that the soaps in the green containers keep their scents longer and lather better than the refill pucks.

12. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I've never bought a refill. Only samples and then soaps in the jars. Never had an issue with scent loss. And all of my Stirling soaps lather well. This one seems to just have a little something extra.

13. Yehuda D

My first Stirling soaps were refill pucks and they were great but I noticed that even though I kept them in closed containers the scents didn't seem to last as long as in the green tubs. Rod's formulas are completely different now so whatever lather issues there were from several years ago have long since been resolved, especially with the Glacials.

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Just finished my sample Naked&Smooth bath soap, which I used just for hand washing. May very well get the N&S shaving soap later on.

Yehuda D and theFAT98 like this.
  15. Yehuda D

For tomorrow I'll be using the Glacial Lemon Chill soap. I have it prepared and this time I'm sticking to my plans. The Lemon Chill witch hazel will be my aftershave splash so I can keep up the freeze and smell awesome!

@Paul Turner the Electric Sheep bath soap smells so beautiful and like any other Stirling bath soap you're guaranteed to get perfect skincare.

PLAla, Gnomeo0228 and Paul Turner like this.
  16. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

I'd love for Rod to weigh in on this, as I'm getting some refill pucks, and intuitively this doesn't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong @Yehuda D, i'm not questioning your experience at all, I'm just wondering if there were other factors at hand here.

Yehuda D likes this.
  17. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Hey guys.... today's the 1st day of Summer right? Glacial MITA and Black Cherry should be released any day now haha!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  18. Yehuda D

Gee, I hope so. Madame said she wants to buy them for me but I told her, in fact I begged her to let me buy them myself when I have the coin to do so!

Gnomeo0228 likes this.
  19. Yehuda D

I had tearing eyes from the Glacial Lemon Chill soap and witch hazel as well as a monstrous menthol freeze. For tomorrow it'll be Frozen Tundra!

20. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sheep Sunday!
    25 June 2017

[​IMG]

ezlovan, SharptoothC, ob1page and 3 others like this.