Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

jamie's SOTN

..BM reserve soap and a.s.
    ..schick type 0 knock off
    ..1973 Nos schick blade 2nd shave
    ..CVS balm
    ..man arden per shave from india
    ..gentlemen jon badger
    [​IMG]

Linuxguile, Herm2502, Karl G and 6 others like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

14 July

[​IMG]

Still my fave safety razor! 1924 pulls into second.

Linuxguile, wchnu, Herm2502 and 8 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 15th July

PAL Injecto-Matic de Luxe & Schick Proline Type B [ 4 ]

IMG_1404.jpg

Linuxguile, Herm2502, Karl G and 6 others like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

IMG_2523.jpg IMG_2524.jpg Today was my first shave with the Kampfe HR-9A. It went well, but certainly was different from the usual DE shave.

I used a Gem Personna blade and shimmed it with two injector blades to get me the angle of the original Kampfe blade (btw, I have an original Kampfe blade incoming). The head of this razor is big! Under the nose was a challenge and requires a bit of pulling and stretching. There was plenty of audible feedback, but I wonder if the original blade would be as talkative. I did nick my chin slightly, but that was the only mishap. The aftershave did sting more than usual. Overall, I ended up with better than a DFS. I didn't want to chase the baby with this razor.

It was very cool shaving with a 117 year old safety razor. While I was using it, I thought about the original owner. It was probably a first for him. He probably only used straight razors before this one. Maybe it was a gift. I wonder what he thought of this new fangled technology. Did it go back in the tin and into a drawer, or did he like it so much that he used it every day... I'll never know.

Linuxguile, Herm2502, MPF9 and 6 others like this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good flick. The razor sure looks in great shape. :happy096:

Karl G, twhite, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  6. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Schick I2 Hydro-Magic Razor
    Personna Injector Blade
    Klenzo B-843 Boar Brush (restored)
    Derby Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Lucky Tiger Aspen After Shave

20170715_101445.jpg

Linuxguile, MPF9, Karl G and 5 others like this.
  7. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I've talked another guy at work into wet shaving. I told him I would bring him everything he needs to start wet shaving. The only catch was that if he didn't like it I wanted everything back.

I have used my GEM Feather Weight before but really didn't care for it. I was to light for me so it wasn't getting a lot of love, so that was the razor I was going to pass on.

To be able to say the razor I was giving the guy was good to go I had to use it this morning. To say I was surprised at the shave would be an understatement. People always say if a razor or blade don't agree with you, put it away and come back to it later. I got a DFS out of the Feather Weight.

Razor: GEM Feather Weight
    Blade: PAL
    Soap: Home Made Soap Stick (1/2 puck Williams, 1 1/2 oz puck Cella, 1/2 stick Palmolive Sick)
    Brush: Omega Boar Brush 81064(I gave it a hair cut. It had to much loft for me.)

20170715_120131~2.jpg

Linuxguile, twhite, Herm2502 and 4 others like this.
  8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Good picture and setup. Congratulations on setting up a fellow worker with wet shaving gear. I hope he enjoys it. :happy096:

twhite, Karl G, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  9. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

The Featherweight is a great little razor. I hope your coworker enjoys it as we do!

twhite, Karl G, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD July 15, 2017

Blade: GEM Stainless
    Razor: GEM Featherweight
    Brush: Jayaruh boar
    Lather: Soap Commander Courage
    WTG, touch-up

The shave from @GarnerPW from earlier inspired me to grab the Featherweight. Pretty decent shave. I need to use these SE razors more often. I have the Featherweight, a Pushbutton, a GEM 1912 and a Black Hawk. They are all superb. I enjoy each of them.

Have a great weekend!

SOTD 7-15-17.JPG

Linuxguile, wchnu, twhite and 5 others like this.
  11. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Razor: Mongoose B2 w/Hempel Ti Handle
    Blade: Feather (7)
    Brush: El Druida Red Heart Chakte Kok/African Blackwood 2 Band Badger
    Soap: Synergy Bay Rum
    A/S: Captain's Choice Bay Rum
    Bowl: Junichi Tanaka Scuttle
    I used the Timeless Signature shave soap for a week. The soap is made buy http://oleosoapworks.com/. I don't have any complaints about this soap. Timeless Razor Signature Shaving Soap by Oleo Soapworks. This exclusive, premium quality soap whips up into an excellent, luxurious lather which helps provide a fantastic shaving experience. The fragrance is a warm masculine scent with bay rum, musk, amber, and a hint of spice. I thought the scent was weak and it dried my face a little. The lather was slick, and had good cushion and glide.

4 ounce container:
    Ingredients: Stearic acid, water, shea butter, potassium hydroxide, kokum butter, coconut oil, glycerine, castor oil, jojoba oil, sodium hydroxide, fragrance, and sodium lactate.
    Timeless Signature Soap.jpg

I copied Keith's artistic expression of his shave soap by showing it upside down. I can't take any credit for this.

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, twhite, Herm2502 and 4 others like this.
  12. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

7/15/17

Jamie's Night Shave

1. Crown king Et Tu soap
    2. semogue 1305 boar
    3. Ever-ready 1924 shovel head
    4. new cvs se blade
    5. thayers medicated
    6. Crown king et tu after shave
    7. brut special reserve cologne
    [​IMG]

Linuxguile, twhite, Jim99 and 4 others like this.
  13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Tomorrow's shave setup

Razor: Schick B1 Repeating Razor
    Blade: Schick Chick
    Brush: Maggard synthetic, custom handle
    Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat

[​IMG]

Herm

Linuxguile, MPF9, wchnu and 7 others like this.
  14. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

The patents on these were filed for by Julius de Mesquita at the sametime that August Scheuber applied for the patent to the 1912....That would be in 1909.....only Riechard released a version in 1909 for Yankee...& R&S....both names were under the Ever Ready Umbrella...who also released this version in 1909 called the New Ever Ready....Reichard opened a factory in England close to the time WWI started...This model was produced there...I don't know when they stopped..

I think they stopped pre 1924 shovelhead production around 1915...But I can't prove it...and Tom's here...looks just like mine...I saw the pics at TOST....His might be more pristine than mine :angry019:...That last picture Tom just posted looks like it was taken in 1909, only its in color...ha,ha...But it does incredibly look like new...

With the blade stropper in the handle...I don't think they made these after the War started.... Maybe 1915 max...But I'm thinking earlier for that handle....

I've got all the patents and some photos of the Yankee, R&S, and the New Ever Ready all in the library at TOST...the new side not the vintage site...I'm not that old...:lam:

Congratulations again Tom....If anyone deserves one, you deserve it....Bully!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    Linuxguile, Herm2502, twhite and 4 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Beautiful setup and picture. :happy088:

Herm2502 and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    SE Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Nivea Men Face Wash
    De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap
    Jayaruh #2
    Gem 1911 Lather Catcher
    CVS SE
    CWR/Alum Bloc
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Lucky Tiger

The De Vergulde Hand Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Jayaruh #2 badger brush. I did the two passes with the Gem 1911 Lather Catcher razor and CVS SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse and alum block, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Lucky Tiger AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Linuxguile, wchnu, Herm2502 and 4 others like this.
  17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Sunday, July 16, 2017

The Varlet Everset K-2
    La Savionniere du Moulin
    OneBlade Genesis V-1
    Feather FHS-10
    Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool
    Brooks Brothers Blue

[​IMG]

18. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great picture and background amigo. :happy088:

clint64 likes this.
  19. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thanks Clint!

Herm

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have a twin in a Schick Stick which has a L head. Works great!!

Try it with no shim. They work great!!

Nothing wrong with the FW. Does he need anything else to get started?

It is a beauty. I meant to say 1924 not 14. The old site is just TOS. Lot of good info too.

Jim99, Bird Lives, Karl G and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.