Injector Razor Burn

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Carlos Da Noob, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Starting out with my new Type G. Tonight was my third shave. Everything about this razor is so smooth and comfortable that I ventured some ATG passes. Everything felt fine at the moment, but an hour later, rash and burn have shown up. Thoughts?

RaZorBurn123, Karl G and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Sorry to hear it burned you! It was either too high of an attack angle or too much pressure and you got scraped up going ATG. I bet you likely didn't skin stretch enough either, it's something not really talked about with DE that much, but it is mandatory for the stiffer injector blades. Watch straight razor vids to see skin stretching in action!

Or, you had a shave product reaction. This possibility, however, is fairly remote and unlikely if you've used that soap before.

Buy and use Alum. If it hurts, you're technique needs fine tuning. It's the only real objective judge of angle and pressure. If you shave well, it just feels like a cool stone.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Avoid over shaving. ATG will get ya Everytime.
    Do you use cold water? If not, it will help with the discomfort.

BigMark83, Carlos Da Noob and twhite like this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I'm with Chris (Bama) on this one. Pressure with an injector is a recipe for razor burn. Injector razors are very unforgiving of improper technique. ATG with minimal pressure and passes will likely yield a bbs shave. I absolutely loved my injectors, until I discovered the open blade:)

Carlos Da Noob likes this.
  5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup. The G needs a very light touch. Instead of going against the grain try going across the grain in both directions. This usually works good.

Carlos Da Noob and Spyder like this.