Occam's Razor? Yes, I took a chance....

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

I had cancelled my preorder a couple of days ago because of delays in prototyping and pre-production staging. Classic Shaving sent me an email stating that the production will commence as the bugs have been worked out. I checked up on the Blades Grim on social media sites and this was confirmed with a few pics and a couple of statements from the makers. Long story short, I received an aplogy and an additional 15% to come back and order (from Bre at Classic Shaving) the razor kit. I bit and made my purchase, again. Includes the razor, blade pack and the 3 heads. Mild, medium and aggressive. With the code it came out to $104.89 shipped. Cheaper than when I ordered it the first time. We'll see how it works out in a couple of weeks. RAD is a terrible disease indeed......
    Pics from the Classic Shaving site......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And if anyone would be interested, not that I'm enabling mind you, here is the discount code: XJ2425UOUQGD
    Yes, 15% off the kit.....:signs136:

MR41, BamaT, Tdmsu and 7 others like this.
  2. BambulanceMan

BambulanceMan Well-Known Member

A new injector?! Sign me up!

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  3. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I can't get past the name. Occam's Razor basically says that when faced with multiple possible solutions generally the simpler one is preferable to the more complex one. Somehow a razor that requires a screw driver and some hook to change blades does not seem less complex than the other AC format razors where you simply unscrew the handle and no tools are needed.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  4. BambulanceMan

BambulanceMan Well-Known Member

Uhhg it uses feather blades... Not an injector. Sad day @Str8on2 let us know how it goes.

RaZorBurn123 and Str8on2 like this.
  5. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Do you need the screwdriver to change blades or plates? Still, the hook seems like a bit of a dealbreaker.

Overall, it looks like the bastard child of the OneBlade Genesis and the Single Edge, conceived after watching too much Hentai.

6. jar

jar Well-Known Member

I really don't have an answer for you. Looking forward to learning more myself.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I'm holding out for the 90% off code.

8. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I'll stick with my $10 Gem...

MaxG, Zykris, '65 G-Slim and 3 others like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Maybe it's my imagination, but it does look to be a little complicated. Does it in fact require the screws to be removed, or a hook used, to change the blade??? If so, I would be hesitant to buy. Too many small things to lose, and the screws look easy to strip. But, it is attractive.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  10. Str8on2

Don't know about the screws if they are required to be removed to change the razor heads, but I assume they might be. I've posed a couple questions on their social media sites regarding this but no answer yet. The blade can be inserted by hand or by using an insertion tool that is supplied with the kit. We'll see how it goes once it gets here in a few weeks....

Keithmax, RaZorBurn123 and DaltonGang like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Please keep us updated, because it's a nice looking razor, and I would hate to see it fail, because of it possibly being over complicated. They really need to put a video out, showing someone changing the blades, and heads.

RaZorBurn123 and Str8on2 like this.
  12. Str8on2

Will do. I'll post any info if any of the questions I asked are replied too....

Keithmax and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  13. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I saw this on Kickstarter some time ago, I'm very happy to see that it's coming to reality.
    I like it. For me only, ive purchased a number of first version razors that didn't turn out so well, and they usually put out a V2, V3.
    I'll wait for the kinks to get worked out.

Str8on2 likes this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I don't know, but it looks like the blade may be loaded from the rear, flexed down to snap in place. To remove flex blade down and push out through front. that's my guess.

The screws are to change the head from mild, medium and aggressive.

As I said only my guess. :D Interesting concept.

15. McHale

McHale Well-Known Member

The screws are for changing out the heads. The blade pushes in from the back and comes back out the back with the little tool. I like this version better than the prototype version which had two thin legs instead of a solid handle. I almost pulled the trigger on this one but held off because I didn't like the process for blade removal. Glad to see it close to production though. May pull the trigger after the reviews come in.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  16. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Something similar happened to me.
    I got an e-mail from CS offering me the Occam's for $99. I put it in my basket and then decided not to buy. The following morning CS came back to me with a 15% coupon. I bagged it and I'm waiting for delivery. It seems they are going to post in September and yes, to change heads, one needs to take the two screws off. Don't do it on top of the sink. The way I see it, I'll choose the level of aggression I like among the three heads and leave it at that.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  17. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

Nothing beats trying to change a blade at O'DarkThirty with a jewler's screwdriver and some weird insertion tool/hook-whatever-whatchamacallit! And it cost how much?!!!

18. Str8on2

I'm just hoping that it can shave as well as their recent shave video indicates with the revised V2.0 razor. I'm trying to get a link to it and post but no success yet.....

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    clint64 likes this.
  19. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Hope it all works out for you guys.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Putting something (any product) into the basket and not buying will trigger many online shops to send you an email asking did you forget? and then also entice you with a discount. GREAT job!!