Stealth Slant Clone

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by jmudrick, Sep 3, 2017.

1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    Jorvaljr and Enrico like this.
  2. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Looks cool. I didn't know the base plate looked so chunky.

3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yup.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Jorvaljr likes this.
  4. Jorvaljr

What is it made of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The clone is stainless steel handle* with I presume a Zamak head. Indicated weight is 4 oz. (I figure about 76g/37g for handle/head)

*The Elegante handle is standard on other Matador razors and indicated to be SS in their description.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
    Jorvaljr likes this.
  6. Engblom

Engblom Well-Known Member

I can't find anyone selling this one for a decent price to Europe, so I am safe for now. Otherwise I would be very, very tempted. I have wanted to try the RR slant, but the price has been too high for me.

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    IMHO, the best deal for a slant out there is the Maggard slant. $20 for the head, add your own handle.

Maggard slant_03.JPG

Maggard slant_09.JPG

Jorvaljr and SpeedyPC like this.
  8. Engblom

@Jayaruh. It depends on what you want. Personally, I love iKon X3 and iKon #102 because they are extra ordinary mild. They are milder than the 37C razor. I seriously considered Maggard slant until I read it is even more aggressive than German 37/37C razors.

From what I have read, the Stealth slant is considered to be a mild slant, which is why I am very tempted by it.

Preferences in shaving is so YMMV.

Jorvaljr and SpeedyPC like this.
  9. Engblom

I learned from B&B that this razor is also sold at manlystuff.ie. I ordered the black matte version. RAD is strange, when you think you are cured and safe you are just about to see one of the most active periods.

10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Where are you? If I decide to order one I certainly can grab a second one and post it to you if shipping is cheaper that way.

11. Engblom

Thanks, but as I posted just a while ago, I ordered already one from manlystuff.ie. They have a decent shipping rate to my place.

12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yep, just missed that. Link to the B&B discussion? That one is $34 posted to the US. I'd prefer the chrome myself.

13. Engblom

14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

15. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

And now they offered me a 20% discount making the price about the same as RB&M...aaargh

Jorvaljr likes this.
  16. Jorvaljr

Who offered you 20% off? Manly stuff or razor blades and more? And if you prefer the chrome... why would the other be tempting?

17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Manly. Put them in your cart without checking out and they'll send a discount. Tempting because someone has actually purchased one and given a good review, while nobody yet vouches for the QC of the Matador version. Handle matching gives the edge to the chrome for me all things being equal.

Sean @ Manly sent a second email indicating the slant goes back to full price tomorrow.

18. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Arrived this afternoon. Tomorrow's shave.

[​IMG]

Linuxguile likes this.
  19. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The clone from Manly Stuff in Ireland shaves just as reviews of the Stealth suggest, almost disconcerting in its mildness, but very efficient. No trouble with the head shave's tricky stuff that foiled the Tech yesterday. I used an alternative handle that Sean at MS sent, a little shorter and lighter than stock but at 122g quite heavy enough thank you. Even at the regular price of €29 it's a sweet razor. There's one obvious imperfection on the outside of the baseplate but that's the only issue and it certainly doesn't impact the shave.

[​IMG]

Engblom likes this.
  20. Engblom

Mine is at the post office at the moment. I will get it from the office tomorrow, and then at Thursday probably the first shave.