MJ90 question

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by BigMark83, Sep 7, 2017.

1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Does the MJ90 by RazoRock have a blade alignment issue like BS. I liked the shave I got with my DE89, so I was thinking about getting an MJ90. My BS is pain to get the blade aligned just right, so I have given up on it. Sorry if this post isnt written well, I'm tired. Good night.

Linuxguile and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

None at all, I would highly recommend the MJ-90 combo with the A plate. No blade alignment issues nor the overhanging blade tab.

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I have an MJ-90 on the way, will let you know when it gets here. Maybe you should contact Joe about the BS, I have no alignment issues with mine.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  4. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

no blade alignment problem, the cap and plates are cnc machined

5. BigMark83

I'm glad to hear. I'll buy one eventually. The blade on the Aluminum BS had way to much wiggle room.

6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

@BigMark83 you should email Joe at IB and let him know, I'm not sure how long you've had it?

7. BigMark83

A few months. I have already used it so I doubt I can return it.

8. BigMark83

I just emailed them. I'm hoping that they can do something for me. It's a great razor when the blades is properly aligned. It's just too much work to fiddle with the blade and I have other razors I can use without this issue.

9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Perfect alignment with my new MJ-90

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BigMark83 likes this.
  10. BigMark83

Not a bad razor after all. The handle didn't have the best finish, but I had another laying around. I tried a Dorco Prime, and it wasn't cutting it, literally and figuratively. I had my Tech loaded with a Perma-Sharp and tried that, then put the blade in my MJ90. Very close and surprisingly comfortable 1 one pass head shave plus touch ups. I hope Joe decides to sell the head solo. I'd buy one for a backup, and might buy the whole razor as a backup. You were right Kerry. I love this razor. Which is also funny, because a Feather in my pre war Tech wasn't as close as a Perma-Sharp. But I did throw the Tech head on my Tradere handle. Feathers are funny, either they flay you or don't cut close enough. Oh well, at least I now know for certain that they are not for me.