September 2017 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Aug 31, 2017.

?

Which SE will you be using this month?

1. Schick Injector

19 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. Pal Injector

7 vote(s)
    18.9%
  3. A vintage Gem of some sort

17 vote(s)
    45.9%
  4. Mongoose

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  5. Shavette

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  6. Artist Club

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  7. Traditional Straight

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  8. Fooled you - no SE here!

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  9. Cookies. Either let me have some or let me out.

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim.

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thank you, Clint. It is fast becoming my favourite Injector
    Good to hear you are getting a little normalcy back!
    Thanks, Jim. I'd like to say that was on purpose, but once in a while my ineptitude with photography comes across as a desired effect.

3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Amazing shaves and photos today, Gentlemen!

4. Linuxguile

SOTD Stirling SEptember 13th
    20170913_093121.jpg

Schick I1 Injector
    Personna Mini Hair Shaper
    Stirling Spice
    Shulton Old Spice
    30DCLE

All of the Old Spice being posted this month made me want to join in the fun! The I1 was super smooth gliding over that amazingly scented Stirling lather! The only was to finish off such a great shave is with the real Old Spice! have a great day my friends!

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Andrew!

6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Andrew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo Andrew. The I1 looks to be in mint condition.

8. Norcalnewb

Great set up, Andrew! Does your wife comment on the Old Spice? Mine likes the smell, but follows that up with an old man comment.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Mine does not even like the smell. Don't even mention clubman to her or the girls.

10. Linuxguile

Her Dad is an avid Old Spice user, so whenever I use it I usually get the comment "You smell like my dad". She likes the scent, but its very reminiscent of her childhood and invokes feeling of nostalgia. Usually this isn't the reaction I'm going for but since I shaved in the morning I can always apply a scent that she says smells good on me in the evening!

11. Linuxguile

Thanks Clint! It is a pretty clean example!

12. Linuxguile

Usually anything with a powerdery note to it gets an "old man" comment. How to they feel about Floid Blue ? I know that's one of your favorites isn't it ?

13. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Lets pick a day, Clint, where I wear Gentleman and you wear Clubman and maybe we can get a 2 for 1 deal on a decent divorce lawyer...:eatdrink047:

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

They don't mind Floid Blue or Myrsol F/Extra which both have that powder note. Neither of them are their favorites. Luckily both fade into the background in an hour or so.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

That would just about do it.

16. Norcalnewb

Clubman is one of the classics my wife actually likes. My son has a bottle as "his" AS. She gets a kick out of it when he puts it on.

17. Norcalnewb

I have not smelled actual Floid Blue, but I have the TSD Floid Blue Type AS, and it is a favorite scent of mine. I like it quite a bit more than Clubman.

18. Norcalnewb

That is pretty much the reaction I get, but she says I remind her of her grandfather. Definitely not the reaction I always want, so I have use it wisely.

19. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

SOTD Hall Of Fame

[​IMG]

I found this little razor at an antique store yesterday. I traded one of these away a few more than ago to a friend so I was happy to find another. This one cleaned up nearly flawlessly. It's in amazing condition. I paired it it with a Personna Lab Blue blade (thanks @PLAla!!!). It was was my first shave with a Lab Blue.

This was one of THOSE SHAVES. Everything worked. The Route 66 Bourbon Jungle was as slick as could be. The Maggard Plissoft felt like I was applying soap with clouds. I don't know if it's breaking in or what, but it was SOFT and pillowy. The Personna blade was super comfortable and paired with the razor perfectly. It was one of those days when everything is gliding and you feel you can do no wrong. I did three passes without even a hint of irritation, and finished up with some refreshing Aqua Velva Ice Sport. Officially my easiest and most comfortable shave ever.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

20. Norcalnewb

Great picture, Chris! The black handled SS is a favorite of mine. Great, yet under appreciated razor.