Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD October 7, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Schick
    Razor: Personna injector
    Brush: Jayaruh #142 black badger
    Lather: Arko
    WTG, touch up

Nice and easy shave with the Personna injector. Mild and smooth and efficient. Good little razor. Enjoy your weekend!

SOTD 10-7-17.JPG

2. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    Mike @MPF9 Kindly Sent Me a Couple of these Schick Proline B Type Blades to Try..I Tried One a Few Days Ago in My Rare as Hens Teeth Schick Type E 1 that Opens with the Square Spring..This is the Most Aggressive of the Type E Injectors but One of the Smoothest..;)

I Really Enjoyed the Shave with the Schick Proline Blade...A Superior Blade to the Chinese Schick Blades & the Personna Blades an All..Far Sharper & Smoother than Either of Em..:eek:

Cheers Mike..:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

Nicked, Linuxguile, sdguero and 8 others like this.
  3. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

7 OCtober

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
    Brush: 30mm Fan Shaped, Maseto Shaving (MS) Finest Badger
    Soap: Williams/Arko mix
    Lather Bowl: Sundae Dish, The Pioneer Woman, Walmart
    Razor: Valet VC2, Autostrop
    Blade: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel(CS), Feather Seikan (5)
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse, OSMA Alum block and Oland After Shave, Avon
    Photo:
    SOTD 7 Oct 2017.jpg

I wanted to use the Williams/Arko mix today. I bowl lathered up a whole heap of lather with the big ol' MS brush. The Valet gave a great shave after the first pass when I remembered that I needed to use short strokes. The razor gave me another smooth shave, not quite BBS but DFS. I am thinking that I have gotten the best shaves out of this blade and am afraid that it may be all down hill from here, we shall see. I will have to prep a new blade this weekend because I don't think it will make it through another weeks worth of shaves. I finished the shave off with the Alum block and then the Oland AS. When I first got the Oland I wasn't quite sure about it, but it has definitely grown on me. I find myself reaching for it more and more.

4. jakie55

jakie55 Well-Known Member

I have spent the last year enjoying my various vintage DE razors with the Astra SP blades. I wanted a change, so pulled out my featherweight Gem, gem blade, and new shaving lotions and potions. I showered and used the Body Shop face wash. I face lathered proroso green with my new razorrock synthetic plisoft. One pass WTG, and one pass cross grain, and I have a BBS shave. Thayer's witch hazel and aloe, and finished with Fine snake bite! An amazing result![​IMG]

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

5. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 8th Oct.
    RazoRock Syn. 22mm
    Williams Aqua Velva cream
    ATT Se 1 / Windrose handle
    Schick Proline [ 4 ]
    Alum Rub/Rinse off
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

As a Sunday felt that I would indulge myself and use a Cream instead of a soap.It seemed a bit lazy but the lather
    is so slick that the heavy razor just glided through the growth. I reckon all other shaves this last few days have been pretty good, but they are a pale comparison to the ease and quality of todays Shave.

IMG_0007.jpg

6. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi all, I skipped out of OCtober today to enjoy a shave with my recently restored Schick G Type. What a fantastic shave I had! Full scale BBS in two passes.

[​IMG]

God Bless, and have a great day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The Mark Cross Razor is superbly matched with the Kai Mild AC blade. Very smooth and efficient, just one pass plus for the head shave. I have to revisit this combo more often.

[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

British PAL Morning.
    [​IMG]
    Great shave with 2 tools that never disappoint. PAL and a @Jayaruh brush #75. Enjoy your Sunday my friends.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9. GarnerPW

8 OCtober

Brush: 25mm Maseto Shaving(MS) Synthetic
    Soap: Smolder Shave Stick(homemade), Blades Grim
    Blade: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel(CS), Feather Seikan (6)
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse and OSMA Alum block
    Photo:
    SOTD 8 Oct 2017.jpg

Today was a lazy Sunday morning shave. At first I was going to skip this mornings shave but after my shower I looked in the mirror and thought way not. With very little stubble and no prep I chose the MS synthetic and a soft soap. I did two passes using short strokes that left me with another DFS. It's been about 8hrs since my shave and I can now see that I need to pay more attention to the area behind my jaw and below my ears.

With this razor and blade combo, I didn't think I can achieve a BBS but I'm okay with a DFS though. The Wife was making jokes about my after shave last week so I finished off today with just the Alum block as we were planning on spending the day together. Not having any issues with the blade as of yet so the blade is up again for tomorrows shave.

Linuxguile, sdguero, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  10. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

10/8/2017
    Jamie's Night Shave - Gillette!!

1. PAA CUBE Mentholated Pre shave soap.
    2. Crown King Irma Shave soap.
    3. Crown King Synthetic Brush.
    4. GILLETTE INJECTOR.
    5. New NOS GILLETTE TWINJECTOR Blade.
    6. GILLETTE COOL WAVE After Shave.
    7. GILLETTE After Shave Gel [blue].

[​IMG]

Linuxguile, sdguero, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  11. PLAla

SOTD October 9, 2017

Prep: Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: Feather Pro
    Razor: RazoRock Black Hawk
    Brush: Jayaruh boar
    Lather: C.O. Bigelow shave cream
    WTG, touch up

Black Hawk today. Day and a half of growth was no match for this combination. Great results!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 10-9-17.JPG

Linuxguile, sdguero, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  12. GarnerPW

9 OCtober
    Menthol Monday

Brush: 24mm Silvertip Frank Shaving (FS)
    Soap: C.O. Bigelow
    Blade: Feather FAS-10 Carbon Steel(CS), Feather Seikan (7)
    Post-Shave: Cold Water rinse and "Teddy" Wild Country After Shave, Avon
    Photo:
    SOTD 9 Oct 2017.jpg

Seeing how it's Menthol Monday I went with the only menthol like soap I have, C.O. Bigelow. Whipped up a unsatisfying lather in the little glass bowl I use to soak my brush in. Luckily I was still able to get some decent lather after face lathering. I continued with the short strokes on today's shave and minded the spots from yesterday. That being behind my jaw and below my ear. I only did two passes today and it shows, I should have done the third. If I don't get another good shave from the blade tomorrow it will be done. Though 8 shaves off of the blade isn't bad, it ain't great, but isn't bad. It is also a base line/ bench mark for the next blade when I strop. Finished the shave with a little Teddy AS. The Wild Country After Shave has a scent of baby powder to me, not to strong but a slight hint. All in all an okay shave for a Monday.

Linuxguile, sdguero, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  13. GarnerPW

How do you like the razor Perry? I like the looks of it.

clint64, Karl G and PLAla like this.
  14. PLAla

I really enjoy it. I don't have anything to compare it to as I don't have any other AC razors. But the Hawk is smooth and efficient for me.

clint64, GarnerPW and Karl G like this.
  15. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Hi Tom,
    The PAL looks really nice, you must try it out with a Schick Proline Type B blade, sure someone over there can spare you one.
    Mike

clint64 and twhite like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I have a couple you gave me still. When this Blade dies I will load one up. These PAL’s rock.

clint64 and Bird Lives like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Lot of consistency in that photo...between Jayaruh's brush and that English PAL! Winning Combination!
    Lot of good talk about those Proline type B blades...can't believe I've been asleep on those....Whats the story on those anyway? Are they made by Schick, where and for how long?

18. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Just goggled and got the skinny on the Proline b types....

So next question....what have you in the know cats come up with as the best (most inexpensive) way to order them?

19. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hi, that has to be the coolest AVON decanter I have ever seen. I hunted Pheasants all my life until I got to ill. Very Cool! Thanks for sharing!

clint64 and GarnerPW like this.
  20. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I would like to know that too

clint64 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.