The Haul: October 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

20171016_214133-1868x2492.jpg

Got a new sampler of blades yesterday from ebay. Im excited to try Nacet, 7 o'clock yellow and GSB's.

Pictured here in my box, next to my New brush :drool:

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I got this nice stuff in a trade with @CarlfromMO . My main interest was the 76 Super Speed. It is first quarter, the birth quarter for my first son.
    I also got a 1918 military Gillette head with a fat handle on it, mismatched. I am excited about the 1918 though; it is in great shape. He also threw in the Cremo, a donor brush, and a Derby Premium blade. Thanks, Carl. I will put the Cremo in my Menthol Monday rotation.
    IMG_5451.JPG

My Joseph Elliot wedge came back from getting a new edge from Scott, AKA @DaltonGang . Looking forward to giving it a try on Saturday Straights day. IMG_5452.JPG

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

4. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  5. CarlfromMO

CarlfromMO Well-Known Member

6. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

FaceScraper, RaZorBurn123 and Dansco like this.
  7. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I received a fantastic goodie box from my friends at Italian Barber. The Mamba & Aluminum 400 brush look fine and built to last. The quality looks second to none and Joe appears to have hit a homerun for the benefit of the wet shaving community. I can't wait to try these bay boys out.
    Steve

IMG_7411.jpg
    IMG_7413.jpg
    IMG_7423.jpg

8. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

FaceScraper, sdguero and Smooth Steve like this.
  9. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

I went to a couple of local consignment / thrift shops looking for shaving mugs. I never did find any mugs but I did go home with these razors....

IMG_1367.JPG IMG_1366.JPG IMG_1364.JPG IMG_1365.JPG IMG_1368.JPG IMG_1369.JPG

The Gillette Adjustable is a 1959 model. I'm still working on figuring out the type of Schick injector this is. The Schick Krona is my second Krona, but my other one has a silver knob.

As for the straight razor.... this is my first one. It looked in really good shape to my untrained eye. If nothing else, it looks pretty. It has Simmons Hardware Co etched on one side of the blade and Senator on the other side. I'll be doing some research to find out more about it. I will need to do some research on straights and ask for advice from TSD members on getting it ready for service.

10. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Anything specific you are looking for?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

FaceScraper likes this.
  11. sdguero

Re. to mugs? Specifically I'd like to find an Old Spice mug. It's fun to hunt. Just haven't had any luck finding one yet. I'll find one.

FaceScraper and RyX like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

The straight looks to be a nice find. I don't see much hone wear and it will probably clean up fine. Nicely done.

FaceScraper and sdguero like this.
  13. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Did someone say mamba?
    20171016_162256s.jpg

20171016_162313s.jpg

14. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Look underneath the Schick head. One serial number would be an E, two would be a G. They'll be on the left side looking at it from the bottom.

16. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Mamba, SBS[​IMG]

PanChango, FaceScraper, Jim99 and 9 others like this.
  17. sdguero

It has two patent numbers under the head "1806087" over "1969945." It also has "Eversharp Schick" stamped (I don't know the name of the part) ring under the head. I've attached a couple of photos. Thanks!
    IMG_1375.JPG IMG_1374.JPG

PanChango, Jim99, preidy and 10 others like this.
  18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

That is a very nice looking G1!

FaceScraper, RyX, George X and 2 others like this.
  19. sdguero

Thank you, sir!

FaceScraper, RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  20. Spud

Spud Well-Known Member

Received my Mergress with the bronze knob; a beauty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.