General Razors Owners Group (G.R.O.G.)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by clint64, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Clint. Unfortunately I missed it by a couple of minutes. But, they will have stock next month. I'll jump on one then...:happy088:

clint64 likes this.
  2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I'm looking forward to the reviews of the stainless model.

Str8on2 and allyourbase like this.
  3. allyourbase

allyourbase New Member

I managed to get my order in for the SS version. Will report back after a test drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Str8on2 and clint64 like this.
  4. Str8on2

Congrats. Keep us posted and looking forward to your experience and review..... :)

clint64 likes this.
  5. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I missed the SS as well but picked up the black aluminium one and the SS handle. It should be here tomorrow. Once I get it I will be able to join the ranks of GROG. :cool:

Str8on2, allyourbase and clint64 like this.
  6. allyourbase

allyourbase New Member

You won’t regret it... I love my alu General! By far ranks as the favorite of my rotation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Str8on2 and clint64 like this.
  7. Str8on2

Congrats. I'm still debating on picking up the Aluminum General. I love heavyweight razors, but the AG is tempting me. Looking forward to your review...

clint64 likes this.
  8. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

This thread is making me want to seek out a General. I really enjoy SE razors. I have a RazoRock Black Hawk. Are there similarities between the Hawk and the General?

clint64 likes this.
  9. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

Some of those SS Generals should start drifting in today. I ordered the Black General for my son (though I'll likely give it a try) and it got here today (CA). So I expect we'll start seeing reports soon.

allyourbase, Str8on2 and clint64 like this.
  10. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

You'll likely hear reports on all sides of this question. I own both and, to me, the Brass General is a much better shaver. But I've read some claim the opposite. There are probably a lot of factors to consider like size, weight, balance, beard, etc

Str8on2 and PLAla like this.
  11. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Mine was delivered 5 min. ago along with an extra handle, to a friend in the U.S. It will be a while until I put it against my face.

DesertTime, Str8on2 and clint64 like this.
  12. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

I came home hoping my new black aluminium would be here waiting on me. Alas no, I have to go to the Post Office to pick it up.

13. Str8on2

I can't comment on the RR Black Hawk, but I do have the SS version DLC Hawk. The BG and the SS Hawk are both pretty good razors that have good weight and feel. I've used all types of blades in both razors, settling on the Feather Super for both. Very nice blade feel while still keeping an efficient quality to both razors. But I give the edge to the BG because it still stays smoother and the weight it has really helps me in getting a BBS shave almost everytime out. I really like my SS Hawk, but I love my BG......

DesertTime, PLAla and clint64 like this.
  14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

15. Boojum1

16. Boojum1

17. Boojum1

18. Boojum1

19. Boojum1

20. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

I am now part of this GROG cult...:hooray:
    received a black Colonial General Aluminum Razor Yesterday as well as a Pack of Schick Proline blades from "SHEARWORLD"..
    Razor is loaded and ready for use.. Maybe tonight..
    1st SE razor that uses these long blades that I have ever owned... We shall see :ahem: