The Haul: October 2017

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

yep, G1..............

RyX and sdguero like this.
  2. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Thanks for the confirmation!

RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

Red tipped razor found online. From what I have read on here, I know there's a date code but all I can make out is a 3, The other side is too dirty. I bought it because it resembles my regular silver razor that was my dads. It looks that one is a E2. I have it soaking in hot water and dish soap to both clean it and the case. Any information on it and will the water hurt the paint?
    Red Razor.jpg

preidy, FaceScraper, Jim99 and 12 others like this.
  4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

It’s a redtip razor and it looks to be in pretty good shape. The paint won’t come off with simple water and soap. It may come off if you use harsh chemicals.

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

That's the ticket! One day my father and I were out wandering with no particular destination in mind. We stopped at the Goodwill store to view the stuff. Part of the game we play while garage sailing, or at flea markets is to have an item we are seeking. I mentioned looking for a short coffee mug in an off white/beige color. "Like this?" he said, holding up an OS mug. Seventy nine cents.

That SBS head is quite stylish. It has open comb on one side, guide bar on the other? Is the base plate flipable?

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

Gillette codes for those particular Gillette razors will have a letter and a number. E=1959. The number two is for the quarter of the year - April through June. Below is a chart you can save should you pick up more Gillette razors. ( click thumbnail to expand the chart.)
    gillette styles.png
    Best cleaning method I've found to be soaking the entire razor in very warm, but not boiling water and blue Dawn dish liquid. Gentle scrub with an old toothbrush may help removing built up soap. After you get it cleaned you might use a very mild polish. The nickel plating is quite durable but it will wear off and expose the brass metal if you use too abrasive of a product. After you clean it a couple drops of mineral oil ( baby oil ) help to smooth out the inner workings. Someone had found a fingernail polish in the correct color to touch up the red paint. I think it was @gorgo2 in a Family Dollar store?

7. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Three '30s gems.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jayaruh, preidy, FaceScraper and 17 others like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

#'s 1 & 3 are good looking OCs. #2 is new to me and quite unusual. Any information?

FaceScraper, sdguero and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

It's a Famex, I'll do a post on it :)

FaceScraper and sdguero like this.
  10. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My Charnley Forest Arrived Today..Its Lapped Flat & Smooth..I Done the Marker Pen Test & then Lapped it with 350 Grit to 1000 Grit..Took Me a Handful of Minutes..Its Smooth as Glass..I Am Over the Moon..I Will be Using this Stone with Oil..I Just Know this is Gonna be a Superb High Grit Capacity Finisher..No Bones about it..:D

Billy..:chores016:

11. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

It is time to try something different. I've never owned or used a boar brush. That changes today. DSCN1585[1].JPG

PanChango, Jayaruh, preidy and 14 others like this.
  12. Missing Lynx

Missing Lynx Well-Known Member

Thanks. This is only my second razor so the information is needed.

FaceScraper and RyX like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I feel that is the finest safety razor ever designed. Very open and aggressive. Gateway drug to straight razors.

FaceScraper, sdguero and RyX like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks Steve! Ditto.

FaceScraper and Smooth Steve like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I believe so. But you can find the approximate shade of cheap fingernail polish in many places. Shaved with the red tip this morning and the paint is holding up fine.

16. RaZorBurn123

WOWSER! I have that brush in my wishlist. I was extremely fortunate enough to be able to get a @twhite B400, I am saving that brush for my grandson.

17. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

I don't know how they do it, but The Italian Barber just offers so much value. The handle is solid and machined/finished very nice. I must be honest though, I prefer the black synthetic knot in the Butterscotch because it has a tad more back bone, nevertheless, the Aluminum brush is still outstanding.

18. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

From a trade with Jim @Jayaruh the beautiful JR#134. And a generous sample of Cella from Bruce @FaceScraper
    20171019_065701S.jpg

PanChango, Jayaruh, preidy and 14 others like this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

Beautiful smelling soap. I can't wait to use it tomorrow, along with the matching aftershave.
    IMG_20171019_124307259~01.jpg

PanChango, Jayaruh, AGHisBBS and 9 others like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Well not shave related but still happy to get it
    [​IMG]
    I stopped in to a Good Will and there was a brand new Zojirushi bread machine BBCC S15A; never used. These ran for $350 new and still command a high price. Looks like it will do everything but burp the baby. :happy093:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    PanChango, Jayaruh, AGHisBBS and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.