my precious...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by brit, Nov 5, 2017.

1. brit

brit in a box

16-1.jpg 16-2.jpg hello fellow shavers,i finally scored my razor of razors.the must have,for me anyways. i have been collecting and using british rockets and such for a while now.love them .but one eluded me unless i sold my first born.i have a cased canadian arist jr,and a # 22 aristocrat without a case,both in mint shape and i use them quite regularly.finally i asked a colleage and he came up with one;.....a cased # 16 british aristocrat.awesome condition,locally for a fair price.perfect 50th birthday .awesome.thank you all.have a great week.gary 16.jpg
    aint she pretty,82g .430 030 baseplate.rhodium plated......best of the brits.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    tonich, jtspartan, BigMark83 and 10 others like this.
  2. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello Brit, I don't know if you are aware of it, but the razor in the photos seems to be a 22/66 Aristocrat. Can you post another photo or two? I may be wrong, but more photos will tell us for certain.

brit and Jorvaljr like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Very cool. Happy birthday, @brit . Fifty sounds so young.
    zbirthday1.jpg

brit likes this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

my 16 has a flat 430030 baseplate where my 22/66 has the triangular stamped baseplate.i posted 2 more photos.thanks gary

jtspartan likes this.
  5. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Beautiful razor Brit! I see the flat base plate in the new photos now. I am sorry for my confusion. I was certainly mistaken. Great score sir!

brit likes this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Congratulations Brit and Happy Fiftieth ! Fifty is young...

brit likes this.
  7. brit

brit in a box

thank you alan.no apology needed.i am not an expert on these razors and only go on forum and razor site info.i am sure there is volumes of info on british razors yet to be discovered.all i know is the #16 is heavy.very pretty,and shaves well.

8. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Congrats! Covet it in good health..
    GOLLUMrazor.png

brit likes this.