Difficult to clear blade to continue shaving

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by James_P, Nov 11, 2017.

1. James_P

James_P Well-Known Member

Tonight was the first time I made up some hot lather. It was great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX and TobyC like this.
  2. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

It may be time to treat your self to a upgraded razor. I (like many) started with a Merkur 34C and a Edwin Jagger De89 (3-piece) while I got a lay of the land. Neither of these are a TTO like your current razor but they give superb shaves. I still occasionally use both today even though I've moved 95% to vintage. If you still prefer a TTO a 1940's or 50's style Super Speed are better quality and will (IMV) out preform your current equipment. All the razors mentioned above are less the 50 bucks.

Badgerstate and James_P like this.
  3. James_P

I went straight to vintage. I have a early 50s super speed and a slim adjustable on the way.
    I’m glad I made the right choice. Thanks!

preidy likes this.
  4. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Good choice. My offer still stands on the 40's SS.

James_P likes this.
  5. James_P

Thanks so much!

6. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

This. To me, there's nothing like a good ole Super Speed and they're dirt cheap on Ebay because everyone wants Fat Boys. I just picked up a mint '53 Super Speed for $20 and there were quite a few I passed on due to plating issues that were in the $10 range.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

preidy likes this.
  7. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I thought all Parkers were made in India but wasn't sure.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

8. Ijustmissedthe50s

Ijustmissedthe50s The Warnee

I felt the same way...still do, really. Shaving just wasn't something I dreamed I'd be excited about. But I'm truly bitten...great hobby and personal grooming enjoyment. And a great community of folks here at TSD. Glad you've been bitten, but be careful...us enablers will have you scattered all over with various products to try! Basically, I think it's our duty lol! Happy shaving! 346x0f4.jpg

RyX and James_P like this.
  9. James_P

Thanks so much! Everyone here has been super helpful and some have been very generous. I will post my items I purchased and given to me. I will be sure to do a proper thanking.

RyX and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.