Anyone Have Experience With Phoenix

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Marine68, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

Keithmax likes this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I don't have personal experience, but as I understand it, PAA has quite the story to be heard.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Ditto, not quite sure the details but some folks choose to not do business with them.

4. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

If you want to know, go search it on Reddit. There are hours worth of flame wars to catch you up to speed. Personally, I don’t or won’t buy his stuff, but I don’t think we need to open up the crap storm here.

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Jared, I'm guessing you are showing gentlemanly restraint. There's enough crumbs for anyone interested to follow the trail without tracking the mess into TSD.
    :eatdrink047:

6. LuvWetShavin

LuvWetShavin Well-Known Member

7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  8. Marine68

Oh wow did not mean to stir the pot. My question was legit. I guess I will do some digging.....

Spyder likes this.
  9. Marine68

Well I read enough to know I wont purchase anything. I read several times he allegedly lied about being a Veteran. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Semper Fi

Spyder likes this.
  10. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Ive tried some of their samples. They werent bad.

Spyder likes this.
  11. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I had gotten their products prior to seeing any of the allegations. So with current experience; their service is good, they communicated well and fulfilled my order in a timely manner. I live in Southern Arizona so shipping was super fast. Their scents range from classic barbershop to modern clean and/or spicy depending on what you want. The soap performance is all that can be expected. Just opening the soaps, they smell great, lather up (on my synthetic) quickly, provide plenty of slickness, and wash off clean.

I was not around when whatever alleged drama happened. However knowing how bad social justice warriors can spin things out of hand... I have taken the said drama with a grain of salt. Allot of what I saw really did look like a "He said, She said" situation that could have spiraled out of control where both sides were right and wrong based solely on miss/perception. Many people make claims full of bias without even realizing it. Without being able to see what was actually said how can you fully evaluate a situation?

Rhody, dustmite and RyX like this.
  12. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

Also not to stir the pot... Just simply an observation. I don't use Reddit, so I'm not used to how their ethical behavior works... But it seemed like the more I dug into trying to read both sides of the story the more I realized that there was no shortage of people, an army if you will, that would come out and bash anyone else that showed the least bit of support for PAA. I saw posts from a few years ago saying "there stuff isn't that bad..." met with dozens of responses saying the person posting was a spy for PAA, etc... That type of behavior is dangerous in my opinion. I feel it's not right to make decisions based on the reaction of a mob.

RyX likes this.
  13. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I have samples of their soap and think it’s awesome. The lather is thick and creamy and slick. He has a whole ton of scents to choose from. I own a couple of his razors and a brush handle. All of which I got second hand. Ive never specifically purchased I don’t know the stories, I’m too lazy to go find them and frankly don’t care enough to.

RyX and COMPNOR like this.
  14. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Active Member; radioactive

Well apparently they are on V3 of their soaps. I have 2 version 1.0 soaps, 3 version 2.0, and 1 version 3.0 soaps and they are all very good soaps. I get some of my best post shave from CaD and Gondolier which are both outstanding scents. I also have The Beach, Cavendish, AL Fin, and a sample of Solstice and the scents are all top notch. They don't seem to be the slickest of what's out there right now, I would give that to The GroomingDept, Declaration, CRSW Glide and maybe a couple others, but the post shave with PAA is just as good IMHO.

RyX likes this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've never tried their stuff ... no hidden meaning, just haven't gotten around to it. Probably will someday.

16. hush

hush Well-Known Member

I have had good experiences with them. Smooth purchases, fast shipping. All inquiries have been met with timely responses. Nice soaps. Easy lather with great scents.

17. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I like the Crown King formula soaps. Haven't tried any of the PAA stuff.

18. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have several different formulas from Douglass. The original HTGAM soap is my least favorite, while the Crown King formula is by far the one I reach for the most. The aftershaves are well worth the money and the one product of theirs you shouldnt be dissapointed with.

dustmite likes this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I have a Crown King brush. It's done me well.

dustmite likes this.
  20. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I have their Gondelier soap and AS PAA formula and it’s great, lathers well, slick, smells great. I also have some Crown King Pineapple Bayrum it’s awesome, the post shave feel is the best I’ve ever had from a veggie soap. I highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk