- Edge Shaving Gel VS Gillette's Shaving GEL -

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by idan, Jan 14, 2018.

?

- Edge Shaving Gel VS Gillette's Shaving GEL -

1. Edge Shaving GEL

2. Gillette's Shaving GEL

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. idan

idan Active Member

Edge Shaving Gel VS Gillette's Shaving GEL :
    what your choice ?
    What is better for heavy beard?

Edge Shaving GEL
    [​IMG]

Gillette's Shaving GEL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Back in another life, I used to use both of these. I found them to be pretty much interchangeable, and just bought whichever was cheaper at the time I was shopping.

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Back in another life, I used Edge. I never got to try Gillette Gel. I did however apply the lather with a boar brush.

4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Years back I used Edge on a regular basis. I liked Edge and don’t recall using Gillette gel. I did find that my cartridge razors were more prone to clogging with Edge versus foam. I gave up the canned stuff after switching over to soap pucks and brushes.

5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

This was one of the reasons I switched to DE shaving. Edge was causing me to break out with a rash. :ashamed001:

6. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Dad always used Edge. So I figured if it was good enough for him, it was good enough for me. Plus when you are a only shaving one or 2 hairs, it really doesnt take that much, so I would just use his.
    I did find though, the edge gel was horrible on my cartridges,and once I was out of the house, I used Barbasol foam with Aloe. Noticed that the carts, didnt get as dull or as clogged quite as quickly using that.
    I dont recall seeing the Gillette ever. Perhaps it is a regional thing?

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

As I recall, I thought Gillette's gel was a bit smoother on the skin. But that was their Gillette Series brand, not the Fusion.

8. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

I have never found a skin irritating, razor clogging Gel that I liked. I'll just stick to my brush and soap thank you.

9. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Back in the days of using gels, I found them both to be about the same. I just got what ever was on sale.

10. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Way back when I used junk like that I remember they were all about the same. Probably still are.

11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Be nice now. People say the same thing about Williams.....

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Some people say a lot of things :cool:

13. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

When I was using gel, I found that the tube gel worked MUCH better than the canned gel. Brand didn't matter.