Looking to add a new, aggressive DE to the den

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Allen_B, Jan 30, 2018.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Yep, pretty aggressive...........

2. jimjo1031

I'd pick the E for aggressiveness, at least for me.........

3. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Have you used a G8? Lawd I have one that except for the handle I can not tell a difference in the shave from my E2. I thought maybe the head was warped but I can not see anything different.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Is the E the most aggressive injector? If not which is?

5. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Works for me, I tried a G first. They're not too different from one another.

6. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I bark and piss ALOT . Sometimes even make a good point. Lol.

As for a shavette try the Parker SRX. Closest thing to the feel of a real straight that I have found. I would be happy to loan you one to try.

7. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Which is the most aggressive injector razor?

jimjo1031 likes this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

See my post above. I do not know if most G8's are like mine.

9. jimjo1031

Yep, I recently got a cased G8 and I think it has the better handle of the G series, better grip. I guess it was the inspiration for the type I razors. To me, all the Schick G's I have shave pretty much the same. And the E (Canada) I have does seem more aggressive, and I only use it for shaving with multiple days of growth.

10. Bama Samurai

I'd say E and G, but I don't have hard data on injectors, not something I've researched very hard. They (E+G) feel similar and I don't adjust technique between the two.

MR41 likes this.
  11. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I saw that. I tend to prefer aggressive razors. I’ve never tried an injector, if I’m gonna try it I wanna start the most aggressive. ( I let people scare for a couple of years about the R 41. When I finally got one it was what I had been looking for since day one.) Right now there’s a G8 and a couple of Es on the bay.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I guess I just have a very aggressive feeling one. I need to loan it to someone else to compare and see what they think.

MR41 likes this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I agree with @Bama Samurai . Grab a G they are all over the place. Good place to start.

jimjo1031 and MR41 like this.
  14. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Just a side note: I really can communicate in written form. I dont know how I make so many mistakes posting on this forum.

jeraldgordon likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

A very good razor, can tackle any beard.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Grab a G! You'll love it.

jimjo1031 likes this.
  17. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

10/4:)

18. Bama Samurai

After months (years actually) of 30day trials, I offer these as the most important razors to master, and you'll never see me recommend a safety razor other than these four.

Fat Boy
    Fatip
    Weishi 9306 (SS Clone)
    Schick G (Or E or even J)

Straight razor dandy likes this.
  19. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I made a list. Why most important to master?

20. Bama Samurai

They cover the range of head geometry in a concise group. The Tech is also a very important design. However, I do not recommend the Tech to newbies. It has a very narrow angle range, and tears up newbies even though it's quite mild. It's tough to learn and build confidence with, and others on SOTD over the years echo this.

jimjo1031 likes this.