Slippery razor handles

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Sara-s, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

She's shaving in the shower, as I do. The alum will disappear pretty quickly.

Sara-s likes this.
  2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Oh, my apologies; it sure will.

Sara-s likes this.
  3. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

4. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

You’ll generally find the shrink wrap tubing in the electrical section of Lowes and Menards. If you go to an electronics store or auto parts store you can ask an employee.

I have one that I used black cloth duct tape on that works great and soaking in a sink full of water hasn’t made it come off yet.

5. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Really you just need to keep your shaving hand free of soap. I know that the stuff you make is slick as can be. Just keep your hand and razor rinsed off.

Primotenore likes this.
  6. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

O rings can do wonders with razor handles. You can just place them in the places for best grip and they don't get sticky over time and a good row has staying power.

riffin and MR41 like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I bought some textured rubber, to replace a worn-out camera grip. It has an adhesive that is heat-set with a blow-dryer on low. I had some left, so I am trying that on the razor. It feels just right. Now I have to see how it stands up to water.

Primotenore, MR41 and richgem like this.
  8. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Let us know. I’m interested in how the textured rubber stands up.

Sara-s likes this.
  9. riffin

riffin Active Member

Hear! Hear! 15-20 should do the trick. Even if the handle isn't slippery, the grip is very comfortable.

10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

richgem likes this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have a Ming Shi razor and I really never had any issues if the hand is reasonable dry, just use a little alum and the problem is usually resolved. I do not shave in the shower so using alum no issue. I thought the handle was a dud at first but quickly realized the handle was doable and not a issue! Most owners do not complain about the handle and the razor is a good one IMO.

12. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

and now you have a poor naked gun. Shivering in the cold. . :)