Mechanical servant travel razor?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kraken98, Feb 27, 2018.

1. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have old palmolive cream that is still great. I am betting the williams will be too.

I bought 5. Just for the cream. 4 of the razors will be loose in the wild soon.

Love the smell of bakelite in the morning!!

Enrico likes this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Do a search on ebay for mechanical servent. There are tons of stuff.

3. Kraken98

Kraken98 Well-Known Member

I've looked and yes there's a lot of stuff but I can't find anything on the actual machine. which to me just seems odd. Side note if you'd like to sell one of the four I'd like one to use as a shaver and one to set on ye ol' shelf of interesting oddities with the box just to look cool.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Enrico likes this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Ahh I see what you mean. You can have one of the razors when they come in. PM me an addy at some point. I will send it to you.

Kraken98 likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Nope, nope, nope ... I own it it, gets used. It's like buying two pair of great shoes and keeping one on the shelf. One day, when I'm in the ground, they won't appreciate it, and take it to the Good Will or the landfill.

6. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

@wchnu - maybe I'll end up passing the tube on to you from my order. I ordered on a whim, mostly. We'll see when it shows up.

Enrico likes this.
  7. Kraken98

Kraken98 Well-Known Member

Well it's also just as likely one will get put into a travel kit and when I want to use it while at home I'll use the shelf sitter. So it's part for looks part for when I'm at home and not traveling. That is still depending on how it shaves as I've yet to actually lay hands and therefore do not know how it shaves.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I expect one day my partner will throw all my junk out too. But not before I am gone.... And it will be well used junk by then.

Enrico likes this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It's a blade holder. If you have solid technique I bet it shaves fine. Don't let the short handle fool you. Some of my favorite lather catchers have short handles and are amazing shavers.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Single edge razors are blade holders. Flexible double edge blades are a lot more finicky about the frame that constrains and contorts them. We shall see.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Enrico likes this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I should of put in the old..if the razor is not damaged blah blah blah. Whatever. Not that big a deal if you know how to shave. But do we have to drag that in here. Your going to set off the village idiot and the thread just goes to hades in a hand basket.

Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

You started it. It's like telling an audiophile that all amplifiers sound the same. Don't go there.

Enrico likes this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Well of course they don't. But if you have solid technique the little differences in razor do not really matter. You adjust to them and the shaves are great!
    That is different from amps. And screw drivers and ax heads and hammers and screwdrivers. Crap I can not cover all of it.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  14. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I'm just going to watch this one. It seems like the shovels are coming out.

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I just realize the seller's from buffalo, so I may get it first.

16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Turn the music down and say all that into my good ear next time. :cool:

Enrico likes this.
  17. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

For some who are more sport shavers than collectors the differences do matter. You are welcome to your opinion, I'm not in the mood to argue.

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

For shavers with solid technique the differences don't matter. A razor is a razor. With solid technique you pick a razor and shave. No such thing as too aggressive or too mild. Open blade DE SE injector...whatever comes around. It's a solid shave no matter the tool. Keep practicing. You will get there.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  19. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Wow! I barely managed to snag the last one a couple of minutes ago.

According to eBay, 15 (now 16) were sold in the last 24 hours.

Enrico likes this.
  20. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I will get there?? If you read my posts here or on other forums I can and do shave just fine with any razor. A plastic Gillette Super Click with a counterfeit Chinese blade? Fine, a "solid shave". I also appreciate why razors are designed the way they are and the differences design choices make. I read patents.. i enjoy Postwar Tech to Ikon Shavecraft Tech, in combinations which other forum members haven't even thought of. You ever shaved your head with a hacked De Haven, Enders, or Mark Cross? Swapped caps on an r41? Two blades in a Shake Sharp? Now please,I don't need or appreciate your patronizing about my "technique".

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018